cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notify When In Stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the product is "Out of Stock", user can click on "Notify When In Stock" button to get the email when the product is available in the stock. (To be implemented via cronjob)

Any idea for it's implementation.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You add a new type - let's say "NotificationRequest" to Hybris that will save a reference to the product, the customers email and eventually a timestamp (I think a GenericItem has a timestamp anyway), plus you implement the whole "vertical" - service, facade, dataobject etc. - for it so that you can populate data from the accelerator store.

Then of course you need a form on the detail page to leave the email address or a button to open a popup to do so in case of unavailability.

Third you either integrate this logic in the inventory update or you create a separate cronjob that would e.g. daily at 8am/9am go through the notification requests and check the products if they are available now. If they are available you send the notification email and remove the NotificationRequest.

That's it 🙂

Very cool is that once you have the NotificationRequests you can display a list of the top requested products and make sure you get them on stock. Or contact the customers if they want to buy something else. Or send email with an alternative ... etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Konrad. In case of Email, what kind of ProcessModel should I use i.e. OrderProcessModel / CustomerProcessModel etc

Answers (0)