cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Internet Sales for ERP - Few basic questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are going to implement Internet Sales for ERP and I have some questions.

1) Is Product Catalog Mandatory for implementing Internet Sales for ERP / R3?

2) We are already using MDM for catalog and we are not the Product Catalog module in R3. Will there be a problem implementing MDM into ISA? Has anyone implemented ISA with MDM as product catalog?

3) We are planning to make it an extra-net application; what is the best architecture placement of the ISA server? Should we have it in DMZ or outside DMZ. What is the best approach among option a and b?

a) Web Browser (Internet) -- External Firewall -- Webserver + ISA server -- Internal Firewall -- ERP

b) Web Browser (Internet) -- External Firewall -- Webserver -- Internal Firewall -- ISA server + ERP

Please Enlighten.

Thanks,

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

1) Is Product Catalog Mandatory for implementing Internet Sales for ERP / R3?

Catalog is an independent piece of feature and integrated to the basket (or the selling process). You can hide the internal catalog by a switch in the Shopadmin XCM administration - Catalog tab._But_ you may still need a catalog (internal) for reading variant data. However, no replication is required.

2) We are already using MDM for catalog and we are not the Product Catalog module in R3. Will there be a problem implementing MDM into ISA? Has anyone implemented ISA with MDM as product catalog?

ISA works with external catalogs with ease. All you need is to make use of the Open catalog Interface (OCI) feature. After all, OCI is a SAP technology, and all its products must be capable of understanding it. Isn't it? SAP MDM catalog is OCI enabled.

3) We are planning to make it an extra-net application; what is the best architecture placement of the ISA server? Should we have it in DMZ or outside DMZ. What is the best approach among option a and b?

a) Web Browser (Internet) -- External Firewall -- Webserver + ISA server -- Internal Firewall -- ERP

b) Web Browser (Internet) -- External Firewall -- Webserver -- Internal Firewall -- ISA server + ERP

(b)

Please Enlighten.

Let there be light - Funny thing, showing light to Deepak?

Easwar Ram

http://www.parxlns.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram,

Thanks for the reply.

Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am working on e-Commerce ECC6.0 version. Had some questions in the area of user management.

The scenario is that the e-commerce application needs to be integrated to Poral, now my doubt is which userType option is the best to be chosen for such cases. Is it mandatory to use user type "ERP e-Commerce logon via UME"? I have not worked with UME before and hence if you can also share some links / pointers in that area?

what other SSO logon options are available?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please open a new thread?