cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to have validation for " Assigned to " field in SAP Service cloud.

indrapats2800
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have business requirement in which the value of "Assigned to " should not be equal system /technical users . In my service cloud tenant , the value for ticket assigned to is taken from fiD which first changes the ticket and later on this values need to be changed manually to user. As the current rules available are for visible, mandatory , there is no validation to check that user cannot be system user.

Can anyone share any pointers on this requirement.

former_member590177
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Indraneel. Are you referring to tickets created via the API (SOAP or OData) or Manual tickets?

In our system only Manual tickets get auto assigned to the creator. I think this is a setting in Scoping. If you need Manual tickets to not be assigned to the creator, I'm not sure how do that, but if it's API tickets I will check our scoping.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

arun02_12
Contributor

How did you get the Technical user in the Assigned to Field. The Assigned to takes the employees. The technical users does not have a valid employee.

As a workaround you can do the below.
You can create a Rule modal validation with an error message which will prevent the save of the Ticket.

In the rule modeler , you can write the logic like the Assigned to NE the set of employees.

If you want to prevent creation of tickets with a list of employees, then you can always use PDI validations on Save .

Ideally If you have set up the determinations correctly, the current user will mot be added as Assigned to as it depends on the Member determination in the Involved party fine tuning.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

indrapats2800
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Arun . The Model vlidation rule worked.