cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum SP level of CRM 5.0 before upgrade to CRM 7.0 EhP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am in planning phase to upgrade currently running SAP CRM 5.0 SR2 to SAP CRM 7.0 EHP1. My current SP level on CRM 5.0 is 17. I want to know that what should be the minimum support package level of ver 5.0 before I start upgrade?

Thanks,
gaurav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check upgrade master guide. Please find below extract from the guide:

3.5Overall Upgrade SequenceThis chapter is only relevant for you if you run an SAP CRM system with a version lower than SAP CRM 7.0, such as SAP CRM 5.0, 5.2, or 2007. In this case, we recommend that you combine the upgrade with the implementation of SAP enhancement packages. For more information about the necessary upgrade steps and relevant references, see this section. For more information about the possible upgrade scenarios and the combination with SAP enhancement package installation, see Installation and Upgrade of SAP Enhancement Packages [page 13].To upgrade, you use these tools:1 æŠı|To upgrade from SAP CRM 5.2 and SAP CRM 2007 to SAP CRM 7.0 EHP1:1 æŠı Upgrading SAP CRM Server ABAP is done using SAPup.1 æŠı Upgrading SAP CRM Server Java from SAP CRM 5.0, 5.2, and 6.0 is done using SAP Enhancement Package Installer (SAPehpi). For more information, see the Upgrade Guide – SAP CRM 7.0 including SAP Enhancement Package 1 Java Components — Using SAPehpi. Upgrading lower SAP CRM Server Java releases is done using SAPJup. For more information, see the Upgrade Guide – SAP CRM 7.0 including SAP Enhancement Package 1 Java Components — Using SAPJup.1 æŠı|To upgrade from SAP CRM 5.0 to SAP CRM 7.0 EHP1, you can use the tools mentioned above for most components. For some components, an upgrade is not possible; they must be migrated. Thisis due to the fact that as of SAP CRM 5.2, the people-centric UI (PC UI) is no longer supported, and the WebClient UI was introduced as the standard user interface. A technical upgrade to the new UI is not possible. For more information about migration, see Migration from SAP CRM 5.0 to SAP CRM 7.0 EHP1 [page 51].

The business packages for SAP CRM 5.0 cannot be used in SAP CRM 7.0 EHP1 because they only run on the PC UI.

Thanks

Sunny