cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts

I would like to be able to merge accounts in WebIC if the IC agent identifies a duplicate during his conversation with an account.

Basically, I'd like the same unctionality than in WebUI:

- Search for accounts

- Select 2 accounts

- Merge accounts

However in WebIC, I cannot see the "Merge account" button. I found this OSS note, but still I don't know what I have to configure in the system to display this button.

[Note 900293 - "Merge Accounts" in IC WebClient|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=900293]

We are using CRM 7.0.

Thanks in advance,

Regards, Stephanie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rmwilhelm
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Stephanie,

The merge account functionality in IC WebClient is a bit differnt from that in the WebClient based on the profile of the Agent user vs. the 'professional' user. During Create or edit of an account/person @ save, the duplicate check is initiated. At this point you are able to use the merge option (and most notably should see the button)! Note that only the 'merge later' option is valid for completing the cleansing case. "Merge Now" is not a valid option in IC as it is viewed more as a task for administration.

Please note that address validation and duplicate check capabilities were extended and aligned with CRM WebClient in CRM 7.0 sp05. If you are on an earlier 7.0 sp you will have to implement the following notes:

I hope this helps!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your explanation is very clear. Thanks a lot.

Stephanie