cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum media size

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the maximum size of an Media? When i upload a media of larger size ,it shows me a error "The request was rejected because the file size (328 MB) exceeds the configured maximum (10 MB)"

How can increase the media size? Is there any way to increase it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

andyfletcher
Active Contributor

I think you were looking in the right place with your previous question but had identified the wrong web.xml

This error is from Tomcat. Which application are you trying to upload to? Backoffice, hmc, storefront? They are all separate web contexts so would have different web.xmls and potentially different multipart-config settings.

Are you using the bundled Hybris Tomcat or installing into a standalone server that may have different defaults?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to upload media through Backoffice and am using the bundled Hybris Tomcat

andyfletcher
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Huh, I see what you mean. I get the same error for backoffice. On further investigation it seems that this is a feature of the ZK framework upload button rather than Tomcat as I originally thought. The error is coming from the Commons FileUploadBase class.

There is a property backoffice.fileUpload.maxSize in the project.properties for the backoffice extension but changing it to -1 in my local.properties didn't help.

andyfletcher
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually if you set it to a larger positive value it does seem to make a difference. I set it to

backoffice.fileUpload.maxSize=30000

and was able to upload a 27MB file. Not sure how you would specify unlimited though.

I'll add this as a new answer.

andyfletcher
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To allow larger media upload in backoffice set the value of the property backoffice.fileUpload.maxSize to the filesize in kB.

e.g. to allow uploads up to 50MB add the line below to your local.properties

backoffice.fileUpload.maxSize=50000