cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass data Maintenance Opportunities Notes

0 Kudos

Hello Experts!

Is it not possible to add a new note into an existing opportunity for an opportunity that does not currently contain a note using mass data maintenance?

When I attempt to use mass data maintenance to add a note to an existing opportunity, I receive an error that indicates that the 'Notes-Text ID' cannot be empty, however there is no value in that field when there is not an existing note on the opportunity.

Please advise, I need to update several hundred existing opportunities with a note into the notes field.

thank you very much!

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

This is because the Text is stored in the TextCollection object in th backend, and each text record has a primary key called Text ID.

I cannot check it right now in the system but I would suggest you to see if there is Text ID field as well in mass data maintenance template. If yes, then try to give some value there.

Let me know.

Regards,

Saurabh

0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

I attempted four different approaches, each failed:

1. attempt to use existing Text ID that matches the Text ID from a different opportunity - Failed.

2. attempt to input the value of "1" into the Tex ID field - Failed

3. attempt to leave the Text ID field blank - Failed

4. attempt to remove the Text ID field completely from the upload template - Failed.

Any additional ideas would be greatly appreciated.  I can't imagine that the tool does not permit us to add a new note to an existing opportunity that does not currently contain a note.

Regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

For me point 1 is most important among all the points you have mentioned,

Here, did you try using a new Text ID int he same format of existing Text ID? (Not the same Text ID as existing Text ID)

If yes, what is the error your get?

Regards,

Saurabh