cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintaining Products

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi members

II'm having a problem in maintaining products in CRM.

If i create a material(say laptop) and i want to give service to that saying monthly service and I also want to give warranty for 1 yr.

then should i create-

1)a product type MATERIAL(laptop)

2)product type SERVICE(monthly service)

3)product type WARRANTY(1 yr warranty)

and then assign these service and warranty products in the relationships tab of the material(laptop).

Is this the way of creating products in CRM?

Points will be rewarded!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is right. Do you have any specific question?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi members

Thanks so much!

I've a question- If I try to create a material with category MAT_FERT, then why does it let me enter few more category IDs in the GENERAL tab and Product Categories field.

I've 1 last stupid question guys- Correct me if I'm wrong---In the Sales Order, if I put in the Sold-to-Party as some XYZ with Sales org 3000, Distr Ch 01, then I tried to assign a product in the sales order but it gave me an error. I think the product I want to put in the sales order should be having the same Sales Area data of the Sold-to-Party XYZ in the Sales and Distribution tab(Path is Master data->Products->Maintain Products) .

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Shruti

The basic hierarchy needed is material type and the corresponding categories can be assigned. You can assign as many hierarchies as possible and the corresponding categories but no two hierarchies or categories assigned should be the same.

Regarding 2nd question: yes they should belong to the same sales area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes its perfect.Be confident go ahead and throw some questions if you have 1 ..we wil try to solve it..

Cheers