cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item category change in contract load of CRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

i am loading contracts into CRM-intellectual property Management. i have to create 2 to 3 line items for same product in one contract with higher level items. generally item category is determined and can be changed via GUI. my requirement is i want to change item category through FM CRM_ORDER_MAINTAIN by the time it creates contract but item category is not changing, showing what ever was determined.

i am passing item_type in ORDERADM_I and passing item_type field name for input fields but it is not helping me. Please let me know if any body has any clue..

Thanks for your help

Siva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Do you want to change the item category just before order (contract) save? Or after the save? Try looking at crm_orderadm_i_badi.

Another idea ... try manually changing the item category in CRM Online, BUT .. do a /h and place a breakpoint at ABAP statement "call function CRM_ORDER_MAINTAIN". This way you can see the input parameters for CRM_ORDER_MAINTAIN when CRM itself is changing the item category, the correct way. Then from these input parameters you can get the hint of what parameters must be passed to CRM_ORDER_MAINTAIN to change the item category by a direct call. I hope that made sense....

Hope it helps,

Rahul

PS. Please mark all helpful answers, and please mark the question as "ANSWERED" if the responses are satisfactory. This helps to keep the forum clean!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. i want to have item category changed after save. i am developing custom program to load contracts from legacy to SAP CRM. while creating contracts, some items of contracts should be created with changed item category that what is determined. i dont think BADI options is good here as it will affect, if we create contracts through screen.

Second option which you have provided is making sense. i will try debugging how SAP is handling manual changes through screen and let you know once i get some clue

Thanks

Siva