cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISA question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm actually implementing a web catalog using Internet Sales for this purpose. My customer doesn't want to show prices in the web catalog and the sales orders generation will be no possible throught internet, so I didn't installed IPC component. I don't create list prices also.

My problem is that I have an error related to <b>noipc</b> component (so it's impossible to access to B2C webshop, the system says me a runtime error has ocurred). When I test this component the system through a exception (with the standard component)

Does anybody know what's the problem? It's possible to have a web catalog in internet withouth IPC server?

I'll really appreciate any help because it's a very urgent issue.

Thank you

Javier Merino

Message was edited by: Javier Merino Vivar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

You HAVE to have IPC installed for the webshop to work I think. If you don't want to let customers see the actual price then it would be easier to simply edit the .jsp pages concerned to remove the display. I'm pretty sure both B2B and B2C check to ensure IPC is available. You could try checking in XCM to see if there are any options that might change this (I can't remember now if there are) but if not you may have to install IPC and then edit the pages as suggested.

Hope this helps,

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gareth for your answer but, is neccesary to have a shop in order to display a web catalog then??

However the shop managment page allows you select between using IPC or use list prices I think.

Could you help me please?

Thank you very much

Javier.

Message was edited by: Javier Merino Vivar

Former Member
0 Kudos

JAVIER

You need a Shop !!!

Thanks

Jack

<b>Allot points if my post helps !!!!</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jack

but is it mandatory to have IPC installed (in terms of technology)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

As far as I am aware, yes it is mandatory to have IPC installed.

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct, IPC has to be installed, even if you don't use it...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Javier

It is mandatory to have IPC installed .

It doesnt matter whether you run CRM 4/5.

Thanks

Jack

<b>Allot points if my post helps!!!</b>