Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of TREX for Segmentation and Knowledge Article

former_member265307
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Champions,

For proper execution of following Scenarios on SAP CRM 7.0 , please confirm whether we required an  installation of TREX  or it can work through alternate solution :

1. Our requirement is to add new search line by selecting “+” button during creation of Knowledge Article . Through TREX we can find the drop down list of different options as search criteria and can select as we required or we can do without TREX. (Please refer screen short of KA1 , KA2)

2.    Selection of fields which are created in info set for Segmentation. There is standard option of TREX for selection of particular filed for segmentation          but on our GUI no option of TREX exists. Or any other alternate solution (Please refer screen short of Standard Seg)

Please guide , so i can communicate with Technical Team that whether TREX is rqd or nt:

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member92946
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Syed,

TREX is an independent search container with multiple search algorithms for faster results.

You can activate it inside your InfoSet or any other instance where it is available.

The + symbol and drop down lists inside a search are not TREX dependent. They are standard SAP fields which can be used.

Please read the SAP Documentation about TREX: TREX Documentation

Regards,

Markus

former_member265307
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Riedel,

Thanks for prompt reply

Your reply clarifies me that for info set in segmentation TREX would be required but for selection criteria i can workout without TREX. If i am wrong please correct me .

As , i am creating Knowledge Article , i want in selection criteria there should be an option of PROBLEM DESCRIPTION , PROBLEM SOLUTION as well. But by standard it is showing only 4 other fields. Refer below link , which illustrates the solution f same problem.

wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPITSM/Full-Text+Search+with+TREX

Waiting for your reply

Thanks

former_member92946
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

TREX is not required for InfoSets. It is mostly used in High Volume Segmentation where a lot of data has to be processed. If this is not case in your scenario, I would not recommend using it.

Adding additional search fields has nothing to do with TREX.

If you want to add extra fields, the view has to be modified. Please take a look at this article where a custom search is beeing created: Custom Search

Regards,

Markus

former_member265307
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Riedel ,

Once again thanks for reply

I am clear about Selection Criteria ...as far as segmentation is concerned ,i am doing Segmentation by massive data through info sets. refer below blog which i am referring as testing in which on step 9 you can see there is option of TREX for selection of fields but in my system TREX is not coming due to which i can not select any field . Please refer below link nd reply :

wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/CRM/Customer+Segmentation+in+SAP+CRM-+Using+Infosets

Thanks

former_member92946
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

please refer to this documentation on how to install and start TREX

Regards,

Markus

former_member265307
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks dear