cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase efficiency of this forum... :-)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, thanks for all the questions and responses in this thread. This thread, to me, is really very valuable and shows the power of the SDN community. However I do see one simple improvement we can make to make this tool even more efficient. Please ensure you all update the status of the questions you are posting simply by updating it's statuses and granting points where they are due! Let's try this all and again thanks! Tiest.

Vijaya, can you please elaborate on this comment?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tiest,

In principle true, but in reality I have to admit that human nature is not the way one would always expect. With the new way of assigning points inline, things have improved dramatically. We have to accept that a few threads will not always be awarded. As moderator I do sometimes stop by and do the necessary rewarding. My impression is that things are not to bad now. (If there are threads where you feel rewarding is needed, you can email Vijaya or myself, to look at these individually.)

bye, brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brian, I 100% understand what you're saying and I really appreciate our common thoughts. Currently the main threads I am referring to, I 've stated below. These people really show in-depth knowledge and willingness to share. Thanks a lot for your reply and I will sent you these messages when they're due. Kind regards and thanks for this new thread. Really, really, helpfull, Tiest.

and Steshen's reply

and Joerg's reply

By the way, Brian, you are really an example on how to energize people. People like you energize me! Thanks for your reply, Tiest.

Message was edited by: Tiest van Gool

former_member181879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hallo Tiest,

> Currently the main threads I am referring

I have sprinkled some stars over those threads

> example on how to energize people

In this forum I am just "guest". My part of the equation is just to help from time to time when needed. The real heros in this forum is (a) the users that participate and (b) the moderators that runs behind the scenes to get answers on tough questions. Here Vijaya has been doing an excellent job for CRM-PCUI related questions. His "Co-Moderator" tagline allures to the CRM-ICWC team (the other half). From my forum reading I have seen nearly the complete PaloAlto team mixing here incognito.

In principle, I am very happy with this forum. Within a short time it has already achieved critical mass of knowledge. What more can be asked for!

One question I have been burning to ask you for a long time: what exactly is the meaning of "Tiest"? Is it (Dutch) word I should have know.

bye, brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian, you are 100% correct again, I am actually Dutch and currently working for Accenture in the USA. I have worked for Accenture in Amsterdam approx. 5 years before I movend temporary to Chicago. For my name, my name of birth is Martinus which was shorted by Tiest. In Dutch 'Tiest' doesn't have any meaning, however in Vlamish Belgium a Tiest is referred to crazy....

Also all my complements to all of you exspecially Vinya and the CRM-ICWC for this new source of knowledge sharing.

Kind regards, Tiest.

vijayakm
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues,

Thanks a lot for all the valuable comments.

Because of the heavy workload at my development side , I could notlook into few SDN threads.

Next week I'll be getting home connectivity where in I can work from home also.

Coming to the immediate action plans to keep the threads always active of completed state,

<b>1)</b> As Brian mentioned , Dear SDN colleagues <b>please mail me</b> so that I can change the status along with rewarding points.

<b>2)</b> I sincerly request the SDN colleagues , Please regularly check the threads posted by you and award the points.

Use <b>"Watch this Topic"</b> and track the thread.

<b>3)</b> I would like to stress again on <b>changing the status of the thread</b>. Dear thread owners Please put the thread to completed state , once you receive the answer. Somtimes by yourself you would have found the answer to the query posted by you. It would be nice you share your knowledge/fix in the thread and

be nice guys :-).

<b>4)</b> We don't have any weblogs associated to PCUI/IC WebClient (hope I did not missed out any if newly created ) Brian suggested me that best way to fix SDN queries on specific topics permanently is by weblogs. In future if we see any query related to weblog content we will just point to the weblog for solution.

Dear SDN Colleagues <b>please suggest the topics for Weblogs</b> and few of our experts can pick this up and provide their knowledge.

<b>5)</b> Finally , I'm doing few <b>personal mailings</b> to long pending /untouched threads for speeding up the process. Already few SDN collegues responded to me by doing the need. I request you all kindly have a look at thread in case if you receive my mail.

Regards,

Vijaya Kumar M

Co-moderator of the Forum.

Message was edited by: Vijaya Kumar