cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hybris Marketing 1709 - Loading Contact from external system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello fellow SAPians,

In the process of implementing yMKT 1709. As part of that, we are supposed to load thousands of contacts in to the yMKT system. I have ODATA services - API_MKT_CONTACT_SRV to leverage for Contacts. However, the this API service doesn't seem to support POST method for Contact Entity set. Basically, creating of a new contact seem to be not possible - but can update and add teammembers etc. I was also looking in to CUAN_IMPORT_SRV. But it seem to be specific to hybris Marketing Cloud. Not sure it can be leveraged for On-Prem too. Any directions for the best way to leverage loading of the contacts and also to have up-to-date by syncing up the source system?

Thanks

Rajan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member245698
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

please have look here: https://blogs.sap.com/2018/04/02/how-to-import-contact-data-via-odata-services-to-sap-hybris-marketi...

And here: https://blogs.sap.com/?p=596973

For sure it is possible to upload contacts 🙂

Or maybe I misunderstodd you.

BR

Maik

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Mark and Sophie. This resolves my issue. Some of the help documentation of the ODATA service doesn't provide enough details about the existence of the post service. The details you have provided was really helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Mark and Sophie. This resolves my issue. Some of the help documentation of the ODATA service doesn't provide enough details about the existence of the post service. The details you have provided was really helpful.

former_member213386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rajan,

yes, you can use both. For the API_MKT_CONTACT_SRV one you need to use the $batch endpoint and fill the payload with your contact puts/patches accordingly. See payload examples in the SAP help page and in Maiks answer for further info. But if you are still on 1709, you can use CUAN_IMPORT_SRV (Compound Service), which can be used in on premise too, and which comes in more handy in certain cases. Detailed documentation is also available on the SAP Marketing Help page - Integration Guide 1709 for on premise. Still note that the CUAN_IMPORT_SRV might get deprecated in future.

best regards, Sophie.