Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hybris 5.4.0 with SOLR 4.6

Former Member
0 Kudos

SolrServiceStandaloneImpl.java --> registerRemoteCore

CoreAdminHandler.java --> handleCreateAction

I am trying to integrate SOLR 4.6.1 with Hybris 5.4.0. Per the wiki, it is supported. The reason I am going to use SOLR 4.6 is so that my multiple cores should have their own CONF folder , where they can have their own schema.xml.

I have created a facetSearchConfig using impex, but when I am trying to run the full indexing using the Indexer Wizard, I am getting an error as "org.apache.solr.common.SolrException; org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error CREATEing SolrCore 'master_custom_Product': Could not create a new core in solr/.\as another core is already defined there".

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please note that the impex works fine if I am using another SOLR 4.5 version, which is having the cores defined in solr.xml file.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the reason for using multiple cores with different schema's?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The aforesaid issues are not popping up when I switch to the standalone solr server provided by hybris.

But I would still like to use multiple schema.xml files for multiple cores. Is there a way to make it work like this?

Thanks, Sudeepa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeepa,

did you find any way for this particular issue that you were facing long back? I also need to integrate SOLR 4.6.1 with Hybris 5.5.1 and getting the same issues that you have faced months ago.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hybris 5.4 uses by default Solr 4.6.1 (see the technical guide). Have you tried to use the default configuration and hybris provided standalone Solr servers?

Regards,
Arnold

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the SOLR 4.6.1 downloaded from SOLR site. Is this what you mean by "Hybris provided Standalone Solr Server?

I have tried with the default configuration and this Solr Standalone Server,but each time I am running the indexing, it creates a core.properties file in "D:\solr4.6\solr\" directory and giving the same error as "org.apache.solr.common.SolrException; org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error CREATEing SolrCore 'master_custom_Product': Could not create a new core in solr/.\as another core is already defined there".

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this location: "commerce-suite-5.4.0.0\hybris\bin\ext-commerce\solrfacetsearch\resources\solr\server\" you should have full operational standalone Solr server, IMHO you doesn't need anything else to download from Solr site.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just found out the location of this standalone server by hybri me try with this once, and I will update if my issues are still popping up.

Thanks, Sudeepa

Former Member
0 Kudos

My application was already running on this standalone solr server, but I downloaded the solr 4.6.1 from SOLR site, so that I can have multiple conf directory(schema.xml) for multiple cores. So that all the cores are not sharing the same schema.xml file.

Is there a way to make it work that way? Will hybris support the integration with SOLR with multiple schema.xml files for multiple cores?

Former Member
0 Kudos

maybe here you can find a good start point