cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge BPrelationshipassingment leads long time to dispaly the Sold to id-ISA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Our client using CRM 4.0 and internet sales application ISA 7.0.

Our client business process is that the customer service user will be assigned to many sold to id as a contact person. This assignment is being done under relationship tab in CRM. Most of the customer service agent has more than 3000 sold to partner assignment. This sold to id will be used to place the order in Web shop.

When ever the customer service agent logs in the web shop , to display all the 3000 sold to ID, system takes very long time (it takes around 5-7 minutes time)

Is there any limit set by SAP for this relationship assignment or is there any performance improvement option available in SAP.

Please advice.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jega

the same case even I faced with my client...as per my observation...

when the no. of relationship=8 in my BP in CRM; In webshop, when I click Customer Link, it fetches customer list in 8 Seconds

when the no. of relationship=1008 in my BP in CRM; In webshop, when I click Customer Link, it fetches customer list in 24 Seconds

when the no. of relationship=2008 in my BP in CRM; In webshop, when I click Customer Link, it fetches customer list in 50 Seconds

when the no. of relationship=3008 in my BP in CRM; In webshop, when I click Customer Link, it fetches customer list in 1 Min. 18 Seconds

This proves that total number of Relationship maintained (Is contact Person) in a BP directly affect the list of customer for that user in Webshop. The performance in webshop is going low as it fetch all the list of customers maintained in BP.

Regards

Pravin Babu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Business on Behalf scenario Scenario oobcrmstandard allows you to login to the ISA application, then select the Sold-To in the basket. This scenario allows the customer service agents to login to ISA with their own Id, select the Sold-to and then create orders on behalf of them. There won't be any need to maintain the business partner relationship.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eshwar

I agree with your points but here we are using 'b2b' scenario in the webshop more than 4 years.

When Customer service person logins with their user credentials, they get the list of customers in the next page in few seconds (say 5 sec) (for whom they are supposed to place order).

Earlier BP for these customer service had few relationship (is contact person for) in CRM 4.0

Since the business is growing, now the relationships has increased to 3000 (still it is expected to increase more), so the same customer service person, now, is contact person for 3000 sold-To parties.

so when Customer service person login's now in the shop, he/she supposed to wait (say 3 mins) for the list of customer to get displayed to proceed further.

As the users not knowing how much time it would take to display, they start clicking the CUSTOMER link again and again to get the list of their customers....and reports that the performance is going down.

Hope you got a bird view of what I'm tryinbg to explain about the problem I face.

So the question, within b2b scenario, Is any Option so that the customer list would come up quickly irrespective of huge number of relationship build in CRM 4.0 ?

Regards

Pravin Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

So the question, within b2b scenario, Is any Option so that the customer list would come up quickly irrespective of huge number of relationship build in CRM 4.0 ?

If you do a performance trace, you will realize that the delay to display the "Sold-To" List is the sum of

(a)RFC function module that fetches the Sold-Tos for a contact person

(b) Returning the list object from ABAP server to J2EE server (JCo table)

(c)Sending the huge payload of 3000+ records in the response cycle (HTTP load) and

(d)Rendering this large HTML page in clients machine.

Item (a) will be relatively small since the tables are indexed

Item (b) could also be small provided the ABAP and J2EE servers are in the same network or connected with high speed, high band-width . Usually this is true.

I think the sold-to list HTML with 3000 sold-tos could be about 300KB to 500 KB. For a HTML, this is huge.

Item (c) depends on how your Customer service agents (CSA) are connected to the network. Large HTML payloads take time.

Item (d) To render the 3000 sold-tos (HTML table), on CSA's desktop or laptop the browser has to do some heavy work.

There are other approaches, like custom enhancements to B2B.

(1) After the CSA successfully logs-in, make changes to the navigation (config.xml) to go to a custom JSP

(2) Create a Search- Help for Sold-To in this JSP

(3) Once the CSA selects a Sold-To, in a custom action class set the sold-to in the BUPA object and some session, request context variables.

(4) Manipulate the navigation configuration to go to ReadSold instead of SelectSolto

Do you like the above approach? Well, that is what BoB scenario does today.

Unless there was a strong and valid business reason, the decision to use standard B2B scenario for internal users (CSA) was flawed. There could have been several reasons to go that way 5 years ago. But, you now have a valid reason to correct that. Don't miss the opportunity.

You can easily create a new application scenario with oobcrmstandard and test what we have been discussing. Yes, your custom b2b application, but BoB scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eswar,

Thanks you somuch for your detailed information.

We have fully understood that how issue can be handled.

Your information was highly useful.

Regards,

Jega.