Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view the Product Hierarchy/Category in SAP Marketing

former_member576423
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I couldn't find a way to check the loaded product hierarchy/category in the marketing system? Is there any way we can check this data on UI?

How can I validate if the product hierarchy/category is uploaded correctly?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor

josef.ehbauer, I found the Influence Idea matching this question on https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/235424/?section=sectionDetails, and noticed you closed that idea.

I'm still struggling with the category deletion subject. Our category structure has changed recently, and I want to delete the old categories. However as mentioned, there is no Delete option on the API. And the Category deletion job refuses to delete categories because they have been used in interactions. Isn't there then any way to get rid of the old categories?

Kr,

Joyca

SauMaris
Contributor
0 Kudos

From technical perspective I agree that categories should not be deleted, if they have been used somewhere. It can cause issues in reporting, for example.

former_member226
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Currently you cannot see "Product Hierarchy" as well as "Product Category" data in UI but you can see its assignment via "Products" app in UI.

However you can always use API_MKT_PRODCAT_HIERARCHY_SRV to get all the loaded Categories /Hierarchies as mentioned here:

https://help.sap.com/viewer/0f9408e4921e4ba3bb4a7a1f75f837a7/1905.500/en-US/50f024e5cf4546d383b05d69...

Thanks

Saurabh

former_member576423
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks

kabras

Can we delete the product category and hierarchy loaded? I am looking for the UI level deletion of product category and hierarchy.

My concern is i want to check the loaded category and hierarchy and matches with S4. if it doesn't seems correct i will delete existing one and create a new one. Therefore to validate it , i should be having UI to check? Did you agree?

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor

Hi Mayank,

I agree there SHOULD be a UI for this. Unfortunately, as far as I know, there isn't.

You can check, update, and delete hierarchies and categories via oData calls only...

Maybe create an idea on SAP Influence for it? You'll have my vote!

Kr

Joyca Vervinckt

former_member226
Employee
Employee

Hi vervinckt.joyca ,

I think even with odata you can not delete the loaded Hierarchy or category since API_MKT_PRODCAT_HIERARCHY_SRV do not support delete method. You can only create or update, no delete as per the documentation as well as my finding in past experience. Please correct me if I am wrong.

mitmayank_bluleader : Only way to check the loaded hierarchy is odata GET operation. No UI as of now, May be a good idea to be posted 🙂

Thanks

Saurabh