Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to set customer field value when accountCreated / accountUpdated in sap cdc

stevendai
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

i have created four customer fileds in account schema on sap cdc, i want to update those fields values automatically according some logic when account created or updated , i have checked webhook in sap cdc , but it needs an external remote server to do that , but currently i do not have any remote server to do that, could anyone help with this?

thanks in advance...

stevendai
Explorer
0 Kudos

In addition i do not use any screenset , so do some logic with javascript in screenset is not possible

View Entire Topic
SebastianSchuck
Active Participant

Hey Dai,

without own server / cloud resources available, the only option would be utilizing CDC's data flows (IdentitySync). However, with a data flow, you can only iterate over users every x minutes (see Dataflows help docs). So the given fields would only be set delayed and not immediately after account creation / update.

All other option (extensions, webhooks or API proxies) you would usually use for this kind of use case (beside client-side logic) require own resources.

Best,
Sebastian Schuck

stevendai
Explorer

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for your information , i think you are right , i really do not need to caculate those files values real time.

SebastianSchuck
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Another tip: I'm not sure what logic you have to implement, but it should be possible to do so using the record.evaluate component which allows you to execute your own JavaScript logic, see IdentitySync Custom Scripts.

So you'll end up with a data flow like this: datasource.read.gigya.account => record.evaluate => datasource.write.gigya.account with the lastUpdatedTimestamp as iterator.