cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read Business Partner's E-mail ID from Memory/buffer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

my requirement is to capture the business partner's E-mail ID when I enter at GUI level.

I have checked the BADI BUPA_ADDR_CHECK, here I am getting the E-mail ID which is maintained under Independent Communication data. But when I maintain E-mail ID under Communication Dependent in tcode BP same BADI is getting called but not able capturing the e-mail ID.

Could you please let me know is there any other BADI or FMs to read the BPs e-mail ID from memory/buffer.

Thanks &Regards

Raja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

faisal_pc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajashekhar,

Can you try with FM BUPA_ADDR_CALLBACK in BADIs?.

Thanks,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

I have checked the FM and FM BUPA_ADDR_CALLBACK don't have e-mail ID field at all.

Thanks&Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Solved myself.

faisal_pc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajashekhar,

Could you please share on how did you resolve it?.

Thanks,

Faisal

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good, could you please share how did you solve it? Two members tried to help you and some other members can face the same issue you did, help and you will be helped...

Cheers!

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

FM BAPI_BUPA_ADDRESS_GETDETAIL, if we pass parameter RESETBUFFER it fetch data from Database and if not it reads from memory.

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you analysed what happens inside the BAPI? I believe you should respect the software layer you are in otherwise you can have weird results, IMHO a BAPI is meant to be called from outside APIs not inside, because the BAPI will end calling the API,  maybe in your scenario works because both are not directly connected, but you can have recursive call episodes or the info you get is from the DB and not from the application buffers. Please consider that

Cheers!

Luis

faisal_pc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

If he writes the code in partner_update BADI, what is wrong in using this FM?.

Thanks,

Faisal

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In this scenario I guess nothing will happens but remember what happens if you call the FM CRM_ORDER_SAVE inside the BADI ORDER_SAVE, a BAPI is an Interface, is meant to be called from a report, LSWM or via RFC from an outside system, if we are talking about two different objects which are not connected by the application, I guess calling the BAPI inside an API BADI won't matter, unless there's a new functionality from SAP that connects both objects is released

faisal_pc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Hm...But Calling CRM_ORDER_SAVE or order_maintain inside order_save badi is a different case I believe. Because here he is only getting the info. We usually call crm_order_read_ow inside order_save BADI right?. However, your point is valid. But I don't see there is some other way. ...

Thanks,

Faisal

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree, is a different case I just pointed the worst scenario possible. calling order_read inside the ORDER_SAVE is not bad, calling the BAPI_ORDER_UPDATE (I invented this one) or the BAPI_ORDER_READ (I also invented this one) will be wrong as the BAPI won't return the buffered values instead the DB values, or maybe the function group has its own buffers which are not connected to the buffers of the oneorder framework,  It's quite difficult to explain that in plain text I hope you understand my point