cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide assignment block in Contact screen?.

Former Member
0 Kudos

CRM 7

When in the UI and looking at a Contact screen I can use the screen configuration icon to choose which assignment blocks is displayed. However, there's no entry for the Address/communication assignment block, which just so happens to be the one that we need to hide on the contact screen.

Short of using the config tool and for that Role and remove all the fields I don't know how to hide the data and was wondering if anyone had managed to do this?.

Jason

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I haven't tried this but would go about it this way:

Open BP_HEAD in the component workbench and look at ViewSet BP_HEAD/AccountViewSet. The three areas of that assignment block look like they are in there.

You could try commenting out the following lines in the source of AccountViewSet.htm:

<bsp:call comp_id = "<%= controller->GET_VIEWAREA_CONTENT_ID( 'Address' ) %>"
              url     = "<%= controller->GET_VIEWAREA_CONTENT_URL( 'Address' ) %>" />

Or just remove that page from the ViewSet in the Runtime Repositriy Editor.

Hope that helps,

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gregor,

I'll try that.

What method did you use to zoom into BP_HEAD/AccountViewSet though, because the screen/Role identifies BP_ADDR/StandardAddress as the viewset, but there is very little under the html section for that viewset?.

Regards

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

If you click on "Show View Location" on the F2 popup you can see the hierarchy.

amarnath_kathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jason,

BP_ADDR/StandardAddress is indeed the relevant view as you said. However, BP_HEAD/AccountViewSet displays this view. So, you can try commenting out the display as discussed or enhance methods retrieving CONTENT ID or CONTENT URL to omit the retrieval and display of the Address and Communication block.

Regards,

Amar.

Answers (0)