Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

header data and item data

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I have a question,

Can anyboby tell me What is header data and item data and diffrence between them.

Amit Sahay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI sahay,

each document ( like quote, in, order . ro) are divided into three parts in R/3 1.header , 2.item level, 3.schedule lines.

header data talks about the characteristics of the document if it is a sales order how a sales order should behave will be defined here. how the customers are identified, the payment terms how this particular document should be raised and how the materials here are determined are declared here.

where as coming to the item data the characteristics of th ematerial or items will be customised here , to wich category it belongs to it could be a service item , deliverable item, package goods , semifinished etc. apart from this different conditions pertaining to this material said here.

coming to schedule line data the delivery characteristicsa are declared here when whome to etc.

thank you,

mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Header Data</b>: General data that applies to whole document(ex:Partners involved, Transaction type ex....)

<b>Item Data</b>: Data that applies to particular item(ex: product number, Qty ex...)

Header data and Item data will have control attributes.

Regards

Pati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Header data means the data relevant to transaction type.

For example : Transaction type: TA : Standard Order

Header level data which we supposed to maintain:

1. Business Transaction Category

2. Customizing Header

3. Blocking Reasons etc.

Item data means the data related to item categories.

For example: Item category : TAN : Sales Item

Item Level Data which we suppose to maintain:

1. Business Transaction category

2. Customizing Item.

Hope I have convinced.

Johnny.