cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GUID(Globally Unique Identifier)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can you give me the complete picture of GUID. What is exact role of GUID. If possible, explain with examples?

Thanks in advance...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

GUID is Global Unique IDentifier.

This is the Key field for all Master and Transactional Data.

E.g. Customer, Orders etc all will have a unique id.

Although this wont be used on teh UI level, Its mostly used internally by the system programs.

Even while writing Custom Code, this Depending on this GUID all the data of an object can be fetched.

Kindly reward with points in case helpful

Sharif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharifuddin,

Thank you very much for responding.I need some more information regarding this GUID. Can you tell me the difference between Orgn. GUID and Personal GUID? And i wanted to know, if we have done any updations in master data and transactional data,are there any changes happend in the GUID no's?

And when ever triggering the BDoc errors, I have seen errors with regards to GUID no's in each activity(like BP relationship, order, Tax categories and etc). Can you explain how these GUID nos are generated?

Thanks in advance...

Regards,

Smitha...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

GUIDs are system-generated. The 32-char guid is generated by a hashing algorithm based on the OS used, the different hardware being used in the abap server and so on.

Once a GUID is created (e.g. function

GUID_CREATE

) for a particular record, it remains the same throughout the life of that record and will be ineffective only when the record is deleted. This will uniquely identify a particular record and is usually the primary key of a table. So, there is no question of the guid field of a table being changed.

With respect to the Bdoc errors, are you referring to the Bdoc ids? Bdoc ids will again be unique. Only the extension parts of the Bdoc will reveal the corresponding guids of the underlying records which the Bdoc represents.

I hope I have given you a simple understanding of guids.

Reward if helpful.

Regards,

Sudipta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudipta,

Thank you very much for giving valuable information regarding GUID...

If you have any document oriented information w.r.t GUID. Please send to this mail id: ksm@inbox.com

Have a good day...

Thanks in advance...

Best regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smitha,

Sorry, I do not remember where I came across this info when I was new to CRM. But I am sure there is no particular document which will talk about this.

- Sudipta.

Answers (0)