cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get the value of dropdown list box

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am implementing code in order_save badi where I have to fetch the value of a dropdown field created in web ui. It is stored in the form of key value in the database. How can I get the value (field label ) of the dropdown list ?  I have to concatenate this value with another field on the screen while saving. Can anyone help me with this.

Regards

Geeth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have implemented the suggestions given by you and now it is working fine. Thanks for your replies.

However since I have to concatenate 3 dropdown list values in description ,  I have to call DDUT_DOMVALUES_GET 3 times and read 3 times?

Also the field Serial Number is present in the BOL BTAdminH but is not present in CRMD_ORDERADM_H table. So I am unable to retrieve that value. Can anyone please tell me how to add serial no in crmd_orderadm_h?

Regards

Geeth

former_member198837
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Geeth,

No need to call the FM three times.

It will give you all values in the domain in one go.

Regarding your second query can you give me technical name of serial number present in BTAdminH.

Regards,

Karthik.

0 Kudos

Hi Geeth,

Why do you need to add the serial number?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Leon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leon,

I have to add the serial number in the description field. For that purpose I need the serial number. I have enhanced it as a dropdown list box

Regards

Geeth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

The path for the serial number in BOL is

BTAdminH->BTHeaderBosSet->BTRefObjSet_A->BTRefObjectSingle->SERIAL_NUMBER

Regards

Geeth

0 Kudos

Hi Geeth,

Ok. Which field in BTAdminH holds the serial number?

Are you talking about the field NUMBER_INT in BTAdminI? That is stored in the table CRMD_ORDERADM_I.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Leon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leon

The path for serial no in BOL is

The path for the serial number in BOL is

BTAdminH->BTHeaderBosSet->BTRefObjSet_A->BTRefObjectSingle->SERIAL_NUMBER

Regards

Geeth

0 Kudos

Hi Geeth,

Check the table 'cdbd_srv_refobj'.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Leon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leon,

Thanks for the reply. There is no data for the table.

How can I hide fields based on transaction type? For eg: If Opportunity has 2 transaction types T1 and T2 .I should hide the field for T1 and display it on T2. How can I do that ?

Regards

Geeth

0 Kudos

Hi Geeth,

I would encourage you to create a new thread if the query you want to post is not related to the initial post in a corresponding thread.

The basic approach is to do that in the configuration. You can check if different view configurations exist for these 2 transaction types in that particular view. Otherwise you can create a new configuration for one of the transaction types, display the field in one and hide in the other configuration.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Leon

former_member198837
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Geeth,

Read the key from the corresponding object.

And read the value from the corresponding backend table where you have maintained key and value pair.

If it is domain values there there is standard FM to fetch the key and values by sending domain name.

FM name to get domain values: DDUT_DOMVALUES_GET

Regards,

Karthik.

0 Kudos

Hi Geeth,

If this data is there in any relation, then you can read the collection from the corresponding relation in the BADI.

Otherwise, do you have this field label, key combination stored in the DB? How do you fill the dropdown list? Identify how you get data for the dropdown list. Then you can read the field label for the corresponding key value from this list/table.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Leon