cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get_A method in SAP CRM Web UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have added field 'A' from AET in BTActivityH, as soon as data filled up in 'A' field same i need to replicate to field 'B'(added from AET) which is available in BTCustomerH.

On web UI when 'A' is filled BTCustomerH is not triggering.It is only triggering when I press ENTER (i.e after any server event).

Hence to fulfill my requiremnt I generated the GET_A method of field 'A' and did the necessary coading.

Even then my requirement is not fullfilled.

Please explain what is the triggering point of GET_A method and its appropriate use?

Best Regards

Preeti Singh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Get_A method is meant to be used for showing or hiding field based on Switch ID. If you see the return parameter,
it returns also switch ID. Using A-Getter to showing and hiding field not based on Switch ID is not recommended.

Get_A method already exists in CRM 7.0 but it is not used. It is used for the Enhancement Package release of CRM.

GET_A is mostly used by SAP developer to switch(show/hide) a field based on which Switch active or inactive.
The switch can be activated or deactivated by its Business Function.

Regards,

HCL Zenith.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preeti,

Refer  link for information about GET_A_XXX method

http://sapcrmtutorial.blogspot.in/2012/06/geta-method-crm-70.html

Regards

Rajarama U

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajarama ,

We can tell in this way.

Every enhancement will be having a switch id.

switch id uniqly identifies an enhancement.

to swicth between different enhancements we will be using this method. with switch id as key.

THanks and Regards,

Nikhil Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preethi,

GET_A method is used to create relationship between the context node attributes dynamically, and also in the up-gradation process.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preeti,

GET_XXX method is used to read value associated with a particular field/attribute. Page/View initialization, before displaying values etc are the points which will trigger GET_XXX method. But Whenever you change value for a field/input new value, it triggers SET_XXX method. i.e If your field A has value 1, and if you change it to 2 it will generate SET_XXX method to change old value(1) with new Value(2). So if you enter a new value or change existing value for a field, SET_XXX will trigger for sure

Thanks & Regards

Gokul Ragunathan