cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Footer part in b2c application?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

There is any way we can add one footer jsp in b2c application.

fooler jsp will contain information about client.

Thanks in advance

jayesh talreja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayesh,

Yes definitely you can add a footer page to your b2c application.

Write the footer.jsp and include it at the bottom of other jsps like payment page etc with the below code

<%@ include file="/b2b/footer.jsp"%>

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Arshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi arshi,

My requirement is what we have like header.

In all screen we need footer.jsp

so what you think in all jsp's i have to add footer.jsp.

and one more problem is that if i use your solution then i can add jsp in right side jsp what about left side jsp.

if i am wrong then please let me know.

thanks and regards,

jayesh talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayesh,

Are you using ISA 4.0 or ISA 5.0? Is it for B2B or B2C.

Let us know because both version have different structure and style.

Regards.

eCommerce Developer

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thnaks for your reply.

i am using isa 5.0 and for B2C application.

regards,

jayesh talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

For me i can think of two solutions.

1.add footer jsp in all jsp files.

2. modify fremeset(add footer.jsp in frameset).so we dont have to include in all jsp.

waiting for your reply freinds.

Thanks and regards,

jayesh talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayesh,

B2C ISA 5.0 is frame less application i.e. it does not have frames as B2B have. So if you want to add new Layout like Footer then you have to create new UI LAyout and UI Area for Footer and include it in "layout-config.xml" file.

You can see how Layout is working in ISA 5.0 [Extension Guide|https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000647973&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&_OBJECT=011000358700000469462006E] to get proper idea.

If you are on ISA 4.0 in which B2C has a Frame structure then I can give you exact code how to add Footer in it

It is better to add "Footer" at one place instead of adding in each file. If you add footer related UILayout and UI Area in "layout-config.xml" then it will display on all pages.

Regards.

eCommerce Developer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ecommerce devleper,

I saw "layout-config.xml" but i can not understand that file.Can you explain what i have to add and where more changes have to dofor my requirement to get complete.

thanks in advance.

jayesh talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayesh,

You can extend layout-config.xml in customer area or direct change SAP file.

In B2C it is Frameless i.e. they are not using Frames as they are using in ISA B2B. In B2C they call UILayout each page.

each UILayout contains different UIArea and Each UIArea contains UIComponent

UILayout -- UIArea -- UIComponent

You have to also configure UIArea position on UILayout and you have to add cssIdName which decide where to display UIArea on UILayout

You can add cssIdName in file \root\mimes\b2c\stylsheet.css here all UIArea are defined with their position on screen.

Open layout-config.xml file and find below line.

<UIComponent name="header" page="/b2c/navigationbar.inc.jsp"/>

Add below line for your footer.

<UIComponent name="footer" page="/b2c/footer.jsp"/>

As I told you every page in B2C called UILayout suppose you want to add footer on Login page layout then find below line in layout-config.xml file.

<UILayout name="loginLayout" path="/appbase/layout/genericLayout.jsp" titleArea="workarea">

Here you find 2 UIArea for LoginLayout header and workarea If you want to add footer here add below line inside loginLayout

<UIArea name ="footerArea" defaultComponent="footer" cssIdName="footer" />

You have to define cssIdName footer inside Stylsheet.css you can adjust it as per your need. Below is just example.

#footer { 
    z-index:100;
    position:absolute; 
    height:113px; width:100%; 
    bottom:100px; left:0px;
    margin: -1px 0px 0px -1px;
    border-width:0px;
}

Save all files. Restart application. Now on login page you will see footer. If you want to display footer on each layout then you have to include UIArea of Login to each Layout.

Just modified Layout-config.xml in SAP area for testing.

First try to do it on your deployed files on server if it workes fine then change in your track or DTR.

I hope this will help you to understand B2C Frame less structure and how to add footer Layout.

Regards

eCommerce Developer

Answers (0)