cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Call Resolution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Interested in knowing how companies are calculating First Call Resolution.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

We focus on resolving or closing the ticket within 24hrs, so we built KPI's, Key Figures, and new Reports to measure against a 24hour completion goal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kay,

I work in the public sector so all of our contacts are Citizen requests for service or complaints/compliments. We have contact centres (one specifically for phone interactions and the others mainly for in-person visits) that take the first point of contact, and if there is no resolution at this level the contact is escalated to the back office. We have two different ways of calculating the resolution.

Firstly we use different closure statuses on our service requests, so that if it is resolved in the front office it is marked as 'closed front office', and if it is passed to the back office it is 'closed back office'. Where the front office cannot close it at first contact but keeps responsibility for the contact, it would be "closed front office (back office involved). So theoretically we can report on the 'closed front office' as being resolved at first point of contact.

Secondly, we use the Reason code on the Interaction Record to record 'avoidable contact' - this is a central government mandate (NI-14). If the contact is the first for that request, the Reason code is set manually to 'added value'. If this is not the case then an 'avoidable contact' reason is used.

I'm not sure if this answers your question, but I hope it helps. If you dont mind perhaps you can let us know which scenario you are involved with?

Thanks,

Andrew Griffin.