Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling R3 Account Grp

karuna_gangireddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am have this problem with the 'Account Group' in the 'Classification' Tab in the BP transaction. By default this field is disabled. I want this field to enable so that I can specify the account group in here while trying to replicate this customer.

We currently upgraded to CRM 5.0. In our old system CRM 4.0 we had this field enabled to so we could enter the account group in here. I am not sure how to enable this field? I really appreciate if anyone out there could mail me the solution.

Thanks in advance,

Karuna.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

karuna_gangireddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I did try making this field as OPTIONAL using the field groupings. But still the Account Group did not get enabled.

Thanks,

Karuna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karuna,

The functionality for Account Group field hasn’t been changed in CRM 5.0. Still the field is editable, provided the field group settings for the role ‘Sold-to party > CRM Classification > R/3 Account Group (1072) = Not Specified. . If not, then set this field as Not Specified and it should definetly solve your problem. Also make sure the BP document is in edit mode.

<b>Do not forget to reward if helps</b>,

Regards,

Paul Kondaveeti

karuna_gangireddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Actually this field was set as 'Not Specified' but i changed it to OPTIONAL. After seeing your reply i changed it back, but still the R3 Account field is not enabled. Not sure if I am missing anything here. Please advice.

Thanks,

Karuna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karuna,

Looks very strange. Are you in edit mode? Is this issue only with this field or any other field? What CRM release and SP you are onto?

As per my knowledge there is no setting in CRM which controls this field other than the field grouping. Try plying with the fields under account group by changing their attributes, to make sure whether the problem is only with account group field?

Make sure there is no customer extension code which makes the field not editable.

Do not forget to reward if helps,

Regards,

Paul Kondaveeti

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member202391
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karuna,

In CRM field settings for the BP's are controlling based on the BP Role, this BP role you are selecting at the creaton of BP.You have to set the field status at the data set level ( Standard data set for the classification CRM040 ) to each BP Role.

Based on your requirement you can select the status of R/3 account group as a Required field or optional etc.

Path : SPRO-> Cross application components ->SAP Business Partner-> Business Partner-->Basic settings >Field groupings>Configure field attributes per BP Role.

Give your BP role and double click, select your Data set double click than select your option of R/3 Account group.

Regards

Naren..