cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails - How can I change the user status?

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are currently working on CRM 6.0, SP03.

With the Groupware integration (Outlook) I have the possibility to transfer inbound emails into my CRM system. Every single email creates an activity of type u201CInbound emailu201D in the CRM system with status u201Copenu201D.

When I now want to change the status from u201Copenu201D to e.g. u201Ccompletedu201D, I have no chance to do this directly in the activity, as a corresponding field is missing. So far, I just know the possibility to change the status in the list of results when searching for u201CInbound emailsu201D. But that can just be a workaround.

Does anybody know, which field I have to integrate in the WEB-UI in order to change the email status directly within an activity?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Melanie

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have not worked on your scenario, but I hope this will help you.

If open is your user status then in status profile you can configure what will be system status on user status. In user staus open, you can give transaction to set system status to completed. This we give while defining status profile. It works in order. Not sure for activities.

Best regards

Pankaj Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

This was not really the answer I was looking for, but at least you gave me the idea to create a new status profile for emails, which set the initial status automatically to "completed".

But, I am still searching for a possibilty to integrate the field for the "user status" into the email layout, so that it can be changed directly from there.

Any help concerning this matter is appreciated.

Best Regards,

Melanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

tell me the component and view name.

Best regards

Pankaj Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Component: BT126H0_MAIL

View: SEND_SCREEN

Hope, that this information will be of help.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best Regards,

Melanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Melanie,

I'm currently upgrading our CRM system including the introduction of the outlook integration. Since I'm facing the same issue: have you found a solution for this issue yet?

I can't find anything on this on OSS yet...

Thank you,

Jeroen

former_member198218
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Melanie,

why do you want the user status to be editable?

Today when sending an outbound mail from CRM the sending process itself manages the status. So in contrast to the other activities it is not supported to maintain and set the status to let´s say "in process" as this would jeopardize the intended behavior. It would keep the email in edit mode even after sending to recipients which today is avoided.

Maybe you can give some more business background on this

regards

martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

For exactly the same reason we want it: if you upload an email to CRM it automatically gets an userstatus open. Therefor it remains as an open activity in your worklist for example.

If the email is answered, the status should be set to in progress or completed, so it is removed from your work list.

Alternatively, the email transaction is closed when uploading the email. In that case, a different solution must be thought of to garantee follow-up activities are planned to answer the email.

regards,

Jeroen

former_member198218
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jeroen,

the user status in emails is similar to the sending status in Outlook. This means when I am receiving an E-mail and uploading to CRM, it was already received/sent and shall not be changeable. Instead you can reply/reply all/forward the email which again switches the mail form to editable for adding / removing text. When you then hit the send button, a new mail is getting sent and saved with completed status.

This is the design we followed during implementation and we do not support using the user status for something else in this case as the complete UI logic strictly follows that rule.

In order to "garantee follow-up activities", you should use actions framework instead. I had this discussion with many customers in the past how to set up activity maangement correctly. There is as well a blog around that topic on SDN where I tried to give some background ideas customers should consider when integration. A follow up activity in this case needs to be of the type task (always!) that get due on one day and the user can react on that. Using GWI this task would be visible in the groupware client as well, so we finally have a closed loop scenario.

Coming back to the status issue in E-Mails. I remember an issue where the e-mail was still editable in CRM after uploading from Outlook. this was a bug and there is a note available for the same.

best

Martin