cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EEWB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I have extended BP through EEWB.

Before extending one of the fields have the Value range in domain . i did not observe that and extended BP. So now EEWB automatically written an F4 value request for that.

Now I have deleted that range from Domain. but still that code is executing . so i am getting error saying that ' This no. is not there in Value range' .

Can I go and comment that part of code from BP screen. will there be any effect.

Regards

Satish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Satish,

You have two options:

1. Regenerate the EEWB extension, which may or may not work and it shoudl take of your issue.

2. Manually change the screen, but keep in mind if you ever try to regenerate the extension again then you will lose all you rmanual changes.

Technically there should be no issue, if you removed the values and no longer need the F4 check, to remove it from the screen.

Take care,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Regeneration means, select the extention and right click on Generate right.

is there any problem if i generate? Because my process is stable now except this issue. and i am steping back to touch EEWB.

Stephen, Do you you have any technical document for EEWB, where i will get all the info about these type of issues. If yes, please mail me to gskraju.crm@gmail.com

Rewards would be awarded.

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try Regenerating it !

Thanks

<b>Allot points if this helps!</b>

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dinesh,

Honestly if your process is stable then I would not regenerate. That is why I offered you both options. I personally would manually remove the screens if you have already transported your extension up to a production system.

As far as documentation about technical EEWB issues, the EEWB is supposed to be so easy that it doesn't require this type of documentation. Seriously though I really don't have such a document. The only way to troubleshoot these issues is to understand how to build the extensions manually, which allows you to determine generation issues.

On a side note you may ask what do I use for technical sources:

1. Service Marketplace note search

2. CRM PCUI cookbook - for PCUI issues

3. CRM IC Webclient cookbook for IC webclient issues

4. SAP Help - for all other functional technical issues

5. SAP Best Practices for CRM for configuration examples

6. SAP OKP for CRM - good config/some code examples

7. CRM System - when in doubt read the code or documentation attached to the system.

8. Consulting Contacts - people who I have worked with on past CRM projects

9. SDN forum search - I use this forum as refresher.

Everything else is based on personal knowledge/experience. I find that the above knowledge sources plus my project experience can solve about 99% of my problems. The remaining 1% are system defect issues with the actual product that I need to contact SAP and submit a customer message.

Take care,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

If i Comment the code in BP screen(All F4 value requests) will there be any problem. Since everybody is telling EEWB is very dangerous tool. i am stepping back.

Regards

Satish

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Satish,

If you comment the value request there should be no problem. Now if you ever decide to regenerate that extension, all your manual work will be lost. I have in the past "cleaned up"/enhanced EEWB generated screens without any issues at all.

Take care,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Stephen.

Keep answering me.

Regards

Satish

Answers (0)