cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

documentation of BAdI EXEC_METHODCALL_PPF?

Michal_Kunze
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

have you come across any useful documentation and/or examples of BAdI EXEC_METHODCALL_PPF for copying documents? (e.g. create sales activities automatically following up a sales order, under certain conditions). There is a sample implementation of this BAdI: COPY_DOCUMENT in CRM 4.0, but the documentation is very limited and it does not serve as a clear example...

regards,

Michal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Am sorry you have mistaken... the copy_document is not defined in the BOR object. Rather,PPF uses this BOR object when it is instantiated.

PPF has the BADI attached to it, and copy_document is an implementation for the same (with the filter value also called as copy_document). You need to copy the same in your own implementation and play with it.

regds, Nilus

Former Member
0 Kudos

For part 1.

If you wanna create different sales activities (viz. meeting/phone call)... in your action definition processing type, you can define the processing parameter to specify what would be the process type of the follow up document.

For part 2.

you need to create your own implementation(=COPY_DOCUMENT implementation of BADI EXEC_METHODCALL_PPF) and rewrite the code here...

The container is defined in the Business object repositiory (BOR) use transaction swo1 to see the same.

For your changes in the new document, you can change the partners / dates / descriptions etc.,.... and fill int the input fields to call b4 calling the funtion CRM_ORDER_MAINTAIN. (this is inside your new method created).

regds, Nilus

Michal_Kunze
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nilus, thanks for your very useful tips!

could you please just clarify in which object/method in BOR the container for method COPY_DOCUMENT is defined? (I cannot find it in the main object for sales transaction BUS2000115).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you kindly explain what you need ?

Do you need to how to integrate this in order using Actions ? or how the functionality of the copy_document works ?

regds, Nilus

Michal_Kunze
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My immediate need is related to the creation of documents, e.g. several sales activities to follow a sales order. I cannot find clear documentation e.g. which elements of the newly created documents (follow-up) can be automatically set... (partner, date, title, etc.)

2nd part of the question:

when I define an action based on COPY_DOCUMENT method (=COPY_DOCUMENT implementation of BADI EXEC_METHODCALL_PPF), the system offers two key fields in the method call container:

- document number,

- document type.

The meaning of these is clear. But I would like to learn where are these container elements defined? How can I change them for my own implementations of this BADI? (e.g. add date and other elements).

They are different, for other implementations of this BAdI, so I assume they are not hardcoded..?

regards,

Michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

follow documents that were created with the Action engine follow the same settings as the one created manually.

therefore controlled by:

customizing in CRMV_PR_COPY_MA and BAdI : CRM_COPY_BADI for order fields (like DESCRIPTION and DATES).

access sequence for partners (in partner determination)

and text (in Text management)

Eyal.