cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between mobile sales and internet sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I know that mobile sales is used for offline solutions like laptop and PDAs.

Internet sales is an online solution,

Do all functionality of laptop mobile solutions exist for internet sales?(Is there any other difference other that an online solution as internet sales and an offline solution as mobile sales).

Any info will be highly appreciated.

kind regards

middleware developer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Geethanjali

The functionalities of internet sales are fairly limited. It's primarily order intake.

Multiple solutions for your problem:

- You can use MSA as a pseudo-online solution by setting up a workgroup server containing the MSA database and mobile clients on desktops which connect to this server. The solution will never be fully online, because the workgroup server needs to synchronise it's data with the CRM server, but it's close and is very helpfull if you already have MSA set up.

- You can setup the PCUI as a websolution for CRM online. This covers most of the functionalities I think. I don't know for sure, since I've never set it up, but Tiest & the other PCUI experts in this forum can probably help you in this regard.

- You can setup the CIC Webclient: this is the Customer interaction center for a browser.

All depends on your requirements...

Grtz,

Michael.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

KaushalShah
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Though standard Internet Sales supplied by SAP has fairly limited functionality, there is huge scope of incorporating a lots of things just because it has real-time access to CRM Online application server.

You can develop a number of function modules & jsp screens to incorporate new functionality in Internet Sales. Mobile Sales for that matter is quite limited, as whatever you incorporate, it still will be an offline system.

Regards,

Kaushal