cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM Data Archiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We would like to put in place some archiving and cleansing pocess in CRM for the following objects :

Business Partners and Products : we would like to cleanse records received in error (eg. US Customers received by mistake in CRM from R/3). These records are not duplicate records, just objects that we did not filter initially and that were loaded by mistake.

Activities : there are approx. 1 000 000 activities that we would like to archive in CRM.

What transaction should we be using for that ?

SARA - Can you share any documentation/procedure on how to use SARA ? Do we have to use SARA in our BPs/Product instance, even if we don't need anymore access to the data ?

BUPA_CLEAR - I understood it can only be used to get rid of duplicates. Can we also use it for our Business Partners instance ?

BUPA_DEL - would you recommend this transaction to get rid of Business partners ?

Any other transaction that could be helpful for us ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Sébastien.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sebastien,

Please refer OSS notes 547748 and see if this helps and if helpful,

Please assign some points.

regards,

Muralidhar Prasad Chatna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rama,

Thanks a lot for your advice. I actually opened an OSS message to ask SAP Suppport about BUPA_DEL. They actually did not advice to use it saying that it is a test program. I did not test it yet but I like the simplicity of this transaction. Did you already use it practically to remove Business Partners in CRM ? Do you know which CRM and cdb tables are impacted ? Any specific advice before we actually run it ?

Thanks in advance,

Sébastien.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey hi

For Archiving BP in CRM use Transaction code BUPA_DEL.

Thanks & Regards

Rama Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastien,

You can refer to this link which details about archiving in CRM (also BP):

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm50/helpdata/en/43/12ef38e5852baae10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Please let me know your ID, I can send you some documents which is helpful.

Regards,

Naveen

Message was edited by:

Naveen Prabhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen ,

Could you please send me the documents to my id ....

my id >> ganesh1895@yahoo.com

Thanks & Regards

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sebastien,

to delete business partners you can use the report "BUPA_TEST_DELETE".

Kind regards, André