cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM 5.2 Adding a changed copy of an assignment block

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Does anyone have detailed information on how to add a new assignment block to a view of the BP_HEAD component in CRM 5.2?

My objective is to split the data selection of an assignment block which is already present. I want to make a copy of this component, slightly adjust the data and add it to the BP_HEAD/BPHEADOverview view.

All documentation/information is welcome.

Kind regards,

Martijn de Jong.

View Entire Topic
stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is actually fairly simple:

1. Copy the view that represents the assignment block to be split

2. Customize the copied view and the view that needs to be split.

3. Prepare the BP_HEAD component for enhancement

4. Edit the runtime repository of the BP_HEAD component. You will need to add the copied view to the ViewSet defintion of BP_HEAD/BPHEADOverview.

5. Next after the repository is updated, then you will need configure the BP_HEAD/BPHEADOverview element to display the new assignment block.

Good luck,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your quick reply.

1. If i copy the view, should i copy it to a new custom component or can i just copy it inside the component where it exists?

2. Seems clear.

3. What does preparing the component for enhancement mean? What do i have to do?

4. Seems clear.

5. If i have updated the repository, my view will appear in the configuration tabpage of the BP_HEAD/BPHEADOverview? And thus i can select it and add it to view?

How can i adjust the context of the view if the selected data now contains entries of category A and B and i just want category A displayed in my view?

Do you know if there is for example a SAP Press book or something i can buy that exactly explains the particulars of CRM 5.2 User Interface development/customizing?

Kind regards,

Martijn de Jong.

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Martijn,

For questions on steps 1&3 they are related. When you "enhance" a view on a component you actually perform the first step of making the component ready for enhancements.

This is done by displaying the component and clicking on the "enhance component" button. This creates a "Z" storage area for your enhancements. I need to take a further look at the copy details to remember exactly where the copy should be stored.

For your question 5, yes once you add it to the repository it will appear in your customizing.

Well for that piece let's say it is a transaction list, that is an entirely new concept to make the list appear differently. You would have to adjust the underlying bol objects to make that work. By chance what is the name of the view that you are trying to copy and adjust?

There are no books available, but you can buy electronic access to the OKP materials from SAP. For more information goto service.sap.com/okp

Good luck,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Stephen,

Thanks for your input. Today i will try how far i will get. I'm indeed a colleague of Maarten. I asked my questions on SDN, so that the least i can do for getting helpfull answers is rewarding points.

Again thanks.

Martijn.

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Martijn,

I figured as much. I was having a sense of deja vu when answering your question. I still don't know why the moderator placed your question in the General & Framework instead of the CRM 2007 forum.

Take care,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well i have my new assignment block. It is nicely displayed in the BP_HEADOverview. Now i gotta dive into the context coding, gonna use your blog to see how far i can get with this. The whole genil and bol seems confusing to me, but maybe i get an enlightend moment.....

Thanks so far!

Kind regards,

Martijn de Jong.