cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Follow-up & Historic Activity Clipboard

Former Member
0 Kudos

CRM 5.0 SP 09.

In standard framework, user selects a service ticket from the inbox and chooses display or change. The goes to the interaction record and creates a follow-up document. The document does not show in the activity clipboard b/c I understand ICWC to be showing the historic view of the clipboard. BUT the document was actually created. By going back to the inbox and back to the ticket the user can then see the document but the issue is the user may create the follow-up many times b/c they don't see it in the activity clipboard.

Using the same steps but selecting interact in the inbox will does show the non historic activity clipboard and a follow-up will immediately show, but this generates another ticket which is not desired in our process scenario.

Is there a badi where we can control which activity clipboard appears (historic, non historic). Will reward points.

Thanks,

Glenn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was logged in with wrong user

Hi Glenn,

We are experiencing the same issues with the inbox. For the moment we have raised a message at oss regarding this issue.

This is not working as it should.

Maybe you also should raise a message.

I believe this is due to the fact that a new IR is created. Interact and Edit doesn't work in the same way...

If I'm not mistaken, there is no badi for the business context.

Kind regards,

Micha.

ps. I'll keep informing on this thread what the answer of SAP is...

former_member201179
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

I can confirm that there is no BADI to control the which activity clipboard appears.

When pressing the 'Interact' button in the inbox the system will create a new interaction record, and a new activity clipboard instance. Anything you do afterwards will be added to this activity clipboard and linked to the new interaction record at END.

'Display' or 'Edit' do not create a new interaction record. This is why the old activity clipboard is shown.

Why do you create a follow-up from the interaction record, and not directly from the service ticket ? A Follow-up created for a service ticket should be displayed in the document flow/transaction history of the service ticket.

Regards,

Gert Tackaert - Solution Management IC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gert,

The service ticket is our interaction record. We don't use the '0010' document as we want the ability to capture both header & line item data. We use the service ticket to capture alot of data that we report on in BI. Not only header fields such as reason and classification but which materials that support is assisting with. This data is fed back to quality.

Based on the outcome of the interaction (phone or email) we generate follow up activities. Parts shipment, free warranty order, an activity to schedule on site repairs, etc. Generally the agent will do this all the same time. But when they can't, they leave the status of the ticket as in process and work these from their inbox. Our goal is not to create a new interaction but to complete the existing interaction record / transaction(s).

We just upgraded from 4.0 to 5.0 & in 4.0 there was the ability to change the existing interaction record or create a new interaction from selecting the interaction record on the Nav Bar.

Seems to me, that selecting Change from the Inbox should not present the historic activity clipboard. Thought seems to be shared by Micha. Is very confusing to users that 95% of the time their create follow up immediately shows in the activity clipboard. B/c of the duplicate transactions being created we are looking for some sort of process solution.

Regards,

Glenn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gert,

In CRM 4.0 OSS note 1026918 was created when we raised this issue in 4.0 but I don't see a corresponding note for 5.0. This fix is only valid in 4.0.

Regards,

Glenn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note 1058328 released for CRM 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

wrong user...