cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection between Business Partner and Installed Base

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey all,

anybody know which table connects the business partner with the installed base. I know the relation between business partner and tbale IBPART as given below.

BUT000 ---> CRMD_PARTNER -

> IBPART

How does any of the above tables connect to IBIB or any other installed base table?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there's a direct link between table IBIB (master installed base) and IBPART (installed base partners), but you have to convert the guid from the compressed format to the unique id.

=> use function guid_convert and convert the guid from C22 to X16. This new guid can be used to select the partners using field segment_recno.

You can only do this in ABAP, because the function module test tool converts the entries to upper case!

Hope this helps,

Michael.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael,

I had found out the relationship before you posted your message, and hence never came back and checked this site. But, your answer is perfect, and I thought I should just post it here for the benefit of others.

Also, note that the function module has a check box for uppercase/lowercase, and if you check it, you won't have the problem that you mentioned, and you can directly do it in the function module.

Points awarded. Thansk again

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know this post has been closed but, for the sake of other developers the following information will help to understand the relationship of IBASE and Business Partners at table level without using function modules esp when developing a Data Mart for this scenario:

IBASE TO BUSINESSPARTNER RELATIONSHIP

1. IBASE. IB_GUID_16 =IBPART. SEGMENT_RECNO
  2. IBPART. PARTNERSET=CRMD_PARTNER. GUID
  3. CRMD_PARTNER. PARTNER_NO=BUT000. PARTNER_GUID
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Nice to note the details for the connection of IBase with Partners.

In the similar way I am looking for a link between Product_ID or GUID with DEVICEID (from the Table IBSP).

The requirement is to validate DEVICEID (Identification field in IBase) with Product ID.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks and Regards

Nalinakumar

Mumbai, India

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mad,

I appreciate your help, if you can help me with this problem too.

I have the same problem with Installed Base functionality.

I want to create any Installed Base behind any Business Partner.

I have to take the same number, for example: 1000002 BP >> 1000002 Ibase.

How can I do this replication between Business Partner to Installed Base ?

PLease help us, Thank you very much!!

Can I contact you for skype or msn to support me ?