cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Campaign automation starts but nothing happens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts!

I'm quite new in CRM and I need your help.

I have created very common scenario of my campaign automation, First campaign element sends mail to defined earlier target group, then 2 next campaign elements gather persosn who answers with YES or NO for a questionar question. Also in my campiagn is decision node, which has rules specified. The survey was included in mail as hyperlink.

But my problem is that, after starting a campiagn,I don't get any error, but nothing happens (shows only information that campaign started). Target group is not getting any mails or anything. When I've made a simply campaign, without automation, campaign was sending mails, but in automation is not. What could be the reason of that? What I'm doing wrong?

I will be gratefull for any help and advices.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, Monika.

Did you make any settings for workflows in campaign automation? What is in the Message assignment block in main campaign? Also check what is in the Message ab in your first campaign element? Alternatively you can check status of workflows and tasks in tx. swi1 or swia in GUI. It is more technical but have much more information for father investigation.

Simple campaigns are quite different from CA campaigns. Because in simple campaigns target groups are transferred to communication channel and that is it. In CA workflows are involved.

There are pretty much discussions on SCN already regarding campaign automation.

For instance check this one: Error in campaign automation - when accessing "start process"

Hope this will help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I set all workflows as general task, and other staff which I found here, the point is, I don't get any message, except "campaign xx has already started". I don't have any problems in starting the campaign, but then I don't see any progress in it, like the first step is sending mails to target group. I can add, that I'm making campaign in Web UI, in crm 7. This link which you put, I've seen before, but my problem is not starting the campaign, in fact there in no error message or anythink else. It's hard to tell for me so what is wrong.

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Monika,

I suggested that discussion because I think there is a lot of information you need. Please do not read only the first question there. Try to look all along the whole thread. You should read father because sometimes discussion do not follow main question but switch to another one. And that was the case.

I asked you not about general messages which you have on upper right side (where you see 'campaign xx has already started') but about Messages assignment block in campaign view. It can probably be hidden by default. So bring it to visible state through configuration of the overview page.

It looks like this one:

What do you have here for your main campaign and first campaign element?

BTW, as I already mentioned, in tx swi1/swia you can find the same information but in more detailed view. What is in there in your case? Which state does WS14000060 have there?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Andrei for your respons, in my messages in campaign I have information that

CA Log     Start campaign process(WAITING)

Execution Log      Execution Successful

in swi1 when I put as a task WS14* and execute it I see that campaign are ready or waiting

In other my campaign I can see in messages also other information like:

CA Log      Start Campaign Process (READY)

and nothing else.

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's very strange that you have nothing in SWI1.

Try the following. Put Task as WS14000060. Then kindly check that dates and times are correct on selection screen there. By default it is set as today only from an hour earlier.

One more question. Do you test all these under an appropriate authorizaton role? Do you have SAP_ALL authorization?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Task WS14000060 I can see campaigns, they are ready or waiting (forgot to change the date : ) ). Yes, my user has SAP_ALL. So what next can I do?

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In swi1 you can press Display for desired work item of WS14000060, then press Log, then Graphic and check where it is stuck.

For those which have WAITING - in swi1 select work item and press Display Work Item Container. Then drill down Workflow there and check "Req. start date" and "Requested start time". Which are there?

BTW, what are planning start and finish dates in your campaign?

So the main idea is to explore all around work items in swi1. There is plenty of information which will probably help you identify the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Date for example are

Planned Start

in logs I see that campaign stop at first moment, when node name is Campain Rejected or Completed.

Is necessary to add to all campaign elements this planned dates?

Former Member
0 Kudos

this times I have for this example req. start date 27.04.2012, and time 01:00:00

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you don't enter planned start date then it will be the current date. So it's not obligatory to enter them in campaign elements. Everything depends on your requirements.

It's really strange that everything seems to be fine but it doesn't work.

Did you set general workflow settings in SPRO -> CRM -> Marketing -> Marketing Planning and Campaign Management -> Campaign Automation -> Maintain Standard Settings for SAP Business Workflow? Are they all green there?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've set task as general all oh them, but in Maintain Standard Settings for SAP Business Workflow I coludn't set all for green, some of them change from red to green but some don;t want to

Former Member
0 Kudos

when I click on sth, and want autocustomizing I get "RFC User Has Wrong Password. Synchronize
Passwords? "
I click ok, but is not changing on green, like the rest of them.

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Monika, sorry for the delay.

Which read crosses do you have there?

There are many threads on SCN which discussed how to configure SWU3. For instance:

SWU3 Configuration

workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply:) I thoght you forgot about me:) from all the five ones in SWU3, I've got only one green - Classify Tasks as General. The rest is red. I'm not using wf-batch user as far I know. In my option of type of user is no possibility to select wf-batch user.

RFC Connection also looks fine, it passed the Connection Test. Is other way to make it possible?

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Monika,

what situation is there on second level? I mean what is there under first level entries such as Maintain Runtime Environment, Maintain Definition Environment etc? What is with red crosses and what is with green marks? It'd be better if you provide a screenshot with it.

You have to maintain these settings and set up standard settings for SAP Workflow correctly here in order to use Workflow in the system in general and in campaign automation in particular. I'd suggest to Automatic Workflow Customizing (according to this help topic). Here you can find how to perform automatic customizing: Performing Automatic Customizing.

After you're done do not forget to make sure that verification workflow is working.

Hope this will help you.

PS: regarding WF-BATCH. You may not use this user but he exists And system uses him to perform different tasks. Particularly in workflow scenarios. Please read mentioned help topics above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

that's how look my swu3

and the second picture after completing steps

former_member183878
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Screen shot shows,

Configure RFC Destination is not maintained.

regard,

vijay.

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Monika,

as Vijay said you have not configured RFC Destination. You have to fix this as far as it's mandatory to properly run workflows.

Also what is the difference between these two screenshots? It seems that they are from different systems, aren't they? Because entries such as:

Check entries from HR table

Maintain Web Server

Maintain Guided Procedure Gateway

are not obligatory.

Please clarify.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Andrei,

I have got the same problem in Quality system. Campaign automation is working fine in development system for the same scenario but when we are trying to start campaign in Quality system nothing happens. no mail is triggering. I have checked in SWI1 that Task WS14000060 is in waiting status also the message log shows below message CA Log     Start campaign process(WAITING). I have checked in SWU3 also and all the green marks are there. i have attached the screen shots for the same.

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, Amardeep.

As I mentioned in one of the previous posts in this thread:

For those which have WAITING - in swi1 select work item and press Display Work Item Container. Then drill down Workflow there and check "Req. start date" and "Requested start time". Which are there?

So, what you have there? Also did you check settings for the task WS14000060? I mean is it general task and so on?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrei

I have req. start date 23.11.2012 which is my planned start date and Requested start time as <not set> as i have not mentioned any planned start time. Task WS14000060 and other tasks has been assigned as general tasks only. i have attached the screen shot for same.

what other settings need to be checked?? what am i missing?? because same functionality is working fine in development system.

Answers (0)