Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C4C Account Owner not getting updated from MDG

Siraj_Saibudeen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi C4C Experts,

The business requirement we have is that a prospect is created in C4C, and promoted to MDG. Data enrichment happens in MDG and the enriched data should be updated back to C4C. We have the below mapping maintained for the party role 142. But there is a problem in updating the account owner coming from MDG.

The party role 142 is defined in the Party Role Definition configuration activity as Unique.So when the updates from MDG are coming in, the webservice message is failing with an error "Please enter the Emp. Responsible Sales only once". We are passing the action code "04" and according to standard behavior it should update the existing party entered in C4C with the enriched data coming from MDG.

But the webservices are failing with that error. SAP suggested to maintain the party role definition flag "Sales Data". After this flag was set, the same webservice message is successfully posted. But now we have two party roles added in the account team with the same party role "142", one employee entered in C4C and the other updated data coming from MDG.

The requirement is to update the existing account owner in the account team. Anyone hass faced this issue, any hints or pointers are highly appreciated.

Regards,

Siraj

Siraj_Saibudeen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Anyone has faced this issue before, any hints or pointers are highly appreciated.

We are struggling with this issue and have not found a solution yet, and the SAP Incident is also still open.

Thanks,

Siraj

Siraj_Saibudeen
Contributor
0 Kudos

The solution for this issue is proposed in the below blog post

https://blogs.sap.com/2020/06/11/c4c-account-owner-update-from-sap-mdg-s4-hana/

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hey Siraj,

Did SAP provide anything in your incident for this?

On our project we do have the Sales data flag, since we do use shared accounts (cross sales orgs accounts), and we have employee responsibles per sales area.

We have noticed that the interface is not capable of overwriting the employee responsible, not even with the sales data flag. It adds additional employees, but does not remove the existing ones.

We are also using the action code 04...

Thank you,

Carina.

Siraj_Saibudeen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carina,

No SAP has not provided a valuable solution yet. The incident is still open with them.

Thats an interesting comment you made about the interface not capable of updating/overwriting the existing employee responsible. We do have another production tenant which is connected with backend ECC system, and in that interface the existing employee responsible is getting overwritten as expected.

I did compare both the payloads and everything looks the same, but still with MDG interface it fails. I will chase SAP and update if I get some proposals from their end.

Thanks,

Siraj

Siraj_Saibudeen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Carina,

I got the solution proposal from SAP and this is what they suggested.

Make the LCTI indicator "partnerFunctionsListCompleteTransmissionIndicator" to TRUE. I did test their proposal and the employee responsible party role got updated.

For this to work the initial emp. responsible party role added in the account team should have the sale org relevant field maintained. If you have used the workflow rule "Assign me as Owner" during prospect creation, then this scenario would not work.

Regards,

Siraj

former_member585227
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maybe this link gives you an opinion, please check.

https://apps.support.sap.com/sap/support/knowledge/public/en/2615607

Siraj_Saibudeen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the comment. The action code 06 will not update the existing account owner, and will keep the existing owner assignment as it is.

But my requirement is actually to update the existing account owner, with the new value from MDG.

Thanks,

Siraj