cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C4C 1505: Hide work center 'people' for specific business role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

is it somehow possible to assign the work center 'people' to business users via business role and hide it at the same time. They don't really need access to the work center but they need the read rights for employee data associated with this work center.

The business requirement is that the users have to be able to assign i.e. tasks to other employees which seems only possible when they are assigned to the work center 'people'. At the same time this work center should not be visible in the main menu bar.

Would appreciate any kind of help with that one.

Cheers

Sven

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have exactly the same need as Camelot Consultant, we would like to give users "read" access to Accounts and Contacts, but we don't want to have the "Customers" tab visible in the Menu where you have all work centers.

How is this achievable in C4C ?

regards,

Christophe

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sven,

Assign the Workcenter People in the Business Role. then Hide it from the screen using KUT tool/ADAPT mode. That should help you accomplish what you want.

Hope this helps!

BR

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

how to hide a complete work center in adapt mode from the navigation bar?

As far as I can tell this is neither possible in Silverlight nor in HTML5, is it?

Cheers

Sven

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's correct.

You can probably assign the WorkCenter from the Business role & then HIDE fields under EMPLOYEE view from KUT/ADAPT mode if that helps.

BR

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that does not really help because the goal is to make the 'people' work center in the main menu bar invisible without losing the associated access rights for the employee list.

Cheers

Sven

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is  unfortunately only possible through Business Role/Access Management controls.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So there is no way to keep the employee access rights without making 'People' workcenter visible?

It's kind of unfortunate that you have to make the work center visible in order to assign other employees to a task or an appointment. Even though the user isn't supposed to have a look at the employee details at all.

But thanks for your input so far. I think we need to live with it as it is right now.

Cheers

Sven