cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Partner data migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

we want to migrate Business Partner into a CRM 4.0 System.

For the standard fields we´re using the LSMW. For the Z-Fields we should develop a report for the migration. We´ve enhanced the Business Partners with the EEWB (not only fields, but tables also).

How is it possible to do this? Writing in the z-tables is not enough, because of the replication to the mobile sales. I need to know how to generate BDOCs. Is there a function module for importing BP number and the z-fields and generate automatically the BDOC?

Thanks for replying!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The easiest solution would be using the XIF, or the XIF functions. All enhancements that you've made will be present in the inbound structure of the function:

try it using function CRMXIF_PARTNER_SAVE.

It might also be possible using the XIF idocs, but then you'll have to regenerate/adapt the structure of the idoc and the mapping of the structure to the bdoc.

Grtz,

Michael.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

thanks for your reply.

Now the BDOCS are generated, but with some problems:

First BusinessPartner is filled with 2 Z-Fields (in the table with the complex structure crmxif_partner_complex).

The second one is filled with 3 Z-Fields (in the table with the complex structure crmxif_partner_complex).

There´s one BUPA_MAIN BDOC and two CAPGEN_OBJECT_WRITE BDOCS. The problem is, that in both of the CAPGEN_OBJECT_WRITE BDOCS there are entries for 5 Z-Fields !!!

The importing table of the funstion module 'CRMXIF_PARTNER_SAVE' contains the right data.

Do you know something more?

--- H E L P ---

Best regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

If I understand your description correctly, then it's either a standard mapping error or missing links in your Bdoc structure.

Easiest solution: make one call to the XIF function for each business partner.

--> this way, the LUW are split and data shouldn't be transferred between the BP's processes. I think this is also how the XIF was conceived: it's an online interface, meaning that each object is transferred seperately (but it should be able to process multiple at the same time).

other possibility: check out the mapping between the mbdoc & the sbdoc. Function BP_MAIN_CRM_TO_CDB takes care of the standard fields, and the EEWB probably created a Badi implementation for Badi CRM_30A_USER_EXITS. Search for it in se19 and check out the code that processes the Z*entries. It's probably a clearing issue.

Michael.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

now I´m using the function module for each business partner, bur the result is the same.

For 2 business partners there are 2 capgen_object_write bdocs (one for partner 1 and one for partner 2) but everytime with the z-field sector for the summary of both partners.

I´ve found the Badi generated by the eewb. Everything should be ok.

Do you have another idea?

Thanks for supporting me!!!!

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

??????

This is very strange ...

So if I understand correctly, you:

- call the XIF function for each BP (clearing the entire structure each time you called the function). The first time with 2 Z-fields filled, the second time with 3 other Z-fields filled.

- for each BP, there's a bupa_main bdoc (containing all 5 z-fields?).

- for each bupa_main, there's a capgen bdoc (containing the 5 Z-fields).

If this is true, check your system for Z*functions containing 'APCEO' in their name, find the one the EEWB implemented and enter the code in this thread.

Grtz,

Michael.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Michael,

not exactly:

When calling the report, only one BUPA_MAIN bdoc is generated with 2 entries for the right business partners in 'CRMW_BUPA_HEAD'.

Then there are 2 CAPGEN_OBJECT_WRITE bdocs.

The first one with the header for BP1, but with z-field entries for BP1 and BP2.

The second one with the header for BP2, but with z-field entries for BP1 and BP2.

It seems to be a mapping problem from BUP_MAIN to CAPGEN_OBJECT_WRITE. But if we do an initial load everything is ok.

I have to do a commit work, isn´t it?

Best regards Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

probably. Maybe, in the normal flow, the commit is set by the middleware flow calling the XIF function.

Michael.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

is it correct that there´s only 1 BUPA_MAIN bdoc is generated (with entries for 2 partners)? I´m calling for every single partner the function module.

Cheers Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you enter a commit after the function call?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, after every call of the function module. Is it nor correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to use CRMXIF_PARTNER_SAVE .

How do i populate the structure DATA.

Please help me out