cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business partner Customer fields update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the following problem on Business partner master.

I am working on CRM 4.0

I am trying to migrate the business partner data from legacy system to CRM using the function module BAPI_BUPA_CREATE_FROM_DATA. But at site in the business partner master, some customer fields have been added using Easy Enhancement workbench. These fields become part of table BUT000 but are not part of the interface provided by the function module BAPI_BUPA_CREATE_FROM_DATA. Has anyone faced such problem or can anyone help on this issue on migrating business partner data when it has been enhanced using customer fields? What is the best way of migrating data in this case?

Also is there a 'direct input' way of CHANGING the business partner master data for Z fields ? The function module BAPI_BUPA_CENTRAL_CHANGE offers change to SAP standard fields. But we need to change the data values in Z(customer) fields.

Regards,

Vin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vin, custom fields that are not added through the EEW are not reflected in the BDOC structure(s) used for data migration and replication. Therefore I see two separate solutions: 1) Try to replace these non-EEW custom fields for EEW fields. (2) Manually extend the BDoc's to facilitate these additional fields, see IMG activity: CRM -> Transactions -> Basic Settings -> Business Add-Ins -> Business Add-In for Transfering Customer-Specific Fields to Middleware. I must warn you though, manually extending those BDoc's is a difficult and time consuming task so my recommendation would definately be to investigate your options using scenario 1. Tiest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tiest van Gool,

1) All the fields which are added to Business partner are added using EEW only. So I feel I can use option 1. But I am not using BDocs. So is there any way of transferring data or changing data for the customer fields.

Regards,

Vin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vin, the easiest way to achieve what you would like using the BAPI, is to copy it and extend the various import structures to accomodate you additional fields. Is this a feasible solution for you? Tiest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tiest,

Copying SAP std bapi is a feasible option. But I will go for it only if there is no standard way of achieving it. I still feel that this is a common issue for which there should be some standard way of handling/solving it. For example, for transactional data- 'CRM order', the interface is provided in standard SAP function module CRM_ORDER_MAINTAIN to handle customer fields using structure CRMT_CUSTOMER_H_COM.

Regards,

Vin

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't need to copy the BUPA create BAPI. Create your business partner via the create BAPI then use function module 'BUPA_CENTRAL_CI_CHANGE' to update the Z-fields (created via the EEWB). FYI, function module BUPA_CENTRAL_CI_GET_DETAIL is available for retrieving the Z-field data for a BP.

Brad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Brad,

I tested with FM 'BUPA_CENTRAL_CI_CHANGE', it worked as required.

Only one extra bit required was to convert BU_PARTNER to BU_PARTNER_GUID. It was achieved using FM BUPA_NUMBERS_GET.

Regards,

Vin

Answers (0)