cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPu00B4s Load performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Experts, I´m in the last stage of CRM Project and I need to upload up to 150.000 BP´s from Legacy system via TXT file.

Currently I´m using BAPI´s to do it, but they are taking long time and consuming a lot resorces (dialog workprocess).

What can I do to improve the load performance???

Best ragards, I will reward good points for it!!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Efrain,

other method for upload BP: In the SPRO/Cross App component/SAP Business Partner/External data transfer

With this method the time of upload is more fast that using bapi´s.

Regards,

Ivá

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan.

Could you please explain this process ? I've been taking a look on it and i don't know how to build the phisical file. Must be a char secuence with all the fields of the structure set in step 1. What about the BUS_ID structure ?

Ty.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm thats odd. In our system you can simply select the BUS1006 - Business Partner adter the Create Subproject step without any configurement that I know.

We are using an CRM 5.0 installation btw.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should not code yourself use the SXDA transaction. And use the upload IDOC method. Here I am using it for the upload op 850.000 BP's and the performance is pretty nice!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all (again : )

I'm not sure if i should open a new thread about this but in SXDA tran. I can´t find the BUS1006 "object type". There're another BUSXXXX but not the one we need. Any suggestion ? Maybe we didn't transport from client 0 ?

Ty for your replies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Efrain,

I have dealt with this issue before. We had to load 5 million BPs. Here a trick that I used.

Split your 150K BP files into 7 to 8 files with each file containing no more than 20k BPs. Now runt he upload program in parallel jobs. Use back ground processing. Its much faster using this approach.

Anirudh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Anirudh:

Excuse me but are you talking about the program with the BAPIs or the one via SPRO ?

Ty for your reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am talking about the upload using the BAPI's.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Efrain.

Have a look SXDA_TOOLS transaction and chek that you can make BP mass data processing using "object type" BUS1006.

Hope it helps.

Armando.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Efrain,

I am sorry to say this to you but the cause of the performance problem is the way you have coded it. You are creating a business partner then making 6 changes to the same business partner. Each of those bapis have their own commit so basically the system is doing a lot of work. Also then the middleware will be processing a lot - performance improvements can be made here to give more resources to the inbound and outbound queues where necessary.

Cheers

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Andrew!!, Could you give some advices to improve my code???

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

I´m sorry, i forgot something, Below are the BADI´s used to upload:

BAPI_BUPA_CREATE_FROM_DATA

BAPI_BUPA_STATUS_ADD

BAPI_IDENTIFICATION_ADD

BAPI_BUPA_ROLE_ADD

BAPI_BUPA_ADDRESS_ADD

BAPI_BUPA_BANKDETAIL_ADD

BAPI_BUPR_RELATIONSHIP_CREATE

BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT.