cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP creation in CRM WebClient - Role and Number Range assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the requirement to specify a particular number range and BP role when an Account is created in the CRM WebClient Interface.

For example as standard, when an employee is created through the CRM WebClient (BSP component BP_EMPL) the default employee role (BUP003) and the default number range are assigned to the BP.

I would need to specify a different number range and role to the employee

I've tried to configure the Account Identification profiles (activity "Define Account Identification Profiles" in customizing); with that activity you can specify which role and which number group you want to use for the BP (account) creation. However this customizing is affecting the IC WebClient only and not the CRM WebClient.

I was wondering if a similar customizing activity exists for the CRM WebClient (in particular for the BP_EMPL application), or if there's a way around this.

Anybody has an idea about how to solve this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried Account Management. Here you have a more detailed view for account creation. Then you can add fields such as BP Role, BP Grouping, BP Classification

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved the issue by Adding Account Management workset. In corporate account in the component BP_HEAD/ACCOUNTDETAILS you can add BP Role and Grouping Fields. Also if you want your business partner to replicate you can add the Classification fields in the same Accountdetails view by browsing MARKETING FIELDS (Is customer, is prospect, is competitor, etc_).

Have you resolved the issue in other ways?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I haven't found a solution so the original question is still unanswered.

What we have done here is that we've set up the Number Group field as a mandatory field in the Create Employee and Create Organization applications: the assignment of the number range has to be done manually.

Regards,

Mose'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mose,

infact i am also facing the same problem.. I am doing rollout for 2 nd branch where i have some users who will create a BP with the different no. range..i have also set the no range and grouping for theses users. but by default the second branch is taking the 1st branche's no rnage. When i checked the same in WEB GUI by changing the Group manuly it's working . WHereas i want it to take by deafult it's respected no. rnage and grouping.

I just want to know how to assign the users to the purticular no range and grouing. ( User level assignment)

Please help if u have any solution for this.

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

you can default partner fields by implementing Badi BADI_CRM_BP_UIU_DEFAULTS.

Here you can e.g. check the business partner type (organisation/person), and depending on this you set attribute BP_GROUP.

Cheers,

Thimo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have done this by defaulting the bp group in the BADi

1.Go to the se18 and select BADI_CRM_BP_UIU_DEFAULTS and select the interface IF_UIU_BP_DEFAULTS

2. Go to the method IF_UIU_BP_DEFAULTS~GET_DEFAULT_VALUES and you can write your logic here to default the grouping.

In my case I wanted all accounts created to be defaulted to a particular grouping and my code looks like this

lv_name1 = lr_current->get_property_as_string( iv_attr_name ='BP_CATEGORY' ).

IF lv_name1 IS NOT INITIAL.

IF lv_name1 = '2'.

lr_current->set_property( iv_attr_name = 'BP_GROUP'

iv_value = '0060' ).

ENDIF.

ENDIF.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanila

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiven,

thanks for your answer; the transaction you mentioned works fine for the Business Role of type IC WebClient but it doesn't affect the CRM WebClient roles (see my first message in this topic).

Anyone has an idea about the reason underlying this limitation?

Thanks for helping.

Mose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mose

Have you found a solutioın for it, I have also such a requirement and trying to find a way to solve it. If you manged it could you share it with the forum.

regards

M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for your answers; I've been able to add the Number Group field, but I am not able to prefill it with a default value.

Anybody has an idea about how this should be done? Maybe we need some coding in the BSP application?

Thanks for helping!

Mose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mose,

Try in CRM->Interaction Center WebClient->Master Data--->Define Account Identification Profiles.

Here you can mention BPCategory & default Number Range.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Shiven