cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B2B Contact Person

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Hoping you could help me with the following issue. I want to disallow a B2B contact person from being contacted in any Marketing Campaign. Do you know how I could achieve do this?

Many Thanks,

Philip Johannesen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Philip, If B2B wants to contact with Campaign ,he needs a target Group any campaign needs target group and channel is compulsory so you can disallow the B2B person with out contacting Marketing campaign by hiding or blocking the particular Target Group which is assigned to Web shop, it may be a Global target Group or Standard target group just hide the target group .

Give Rewards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

Are you executing a campaign with a target group having a business partner who is a contact person for an organization?

Have you archived the Organization, but the business partner is still contacted?

Please refer the note 784711.

reward with points.

regards,

Muralidar Prasad.C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muralidar,

Yes I'm executing a campaign with a target group having a business partner who is a contact person for an organization. However I still want to contact others against the relevant organisation/s.

I don't want to archive the organisation. I effectively just want to unsubscribe one person from the org?

Many Thanks,

Philip Johannesen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I may have found another possible solution. I noticed in the relationship tab if you click on Other Email Addresses there is a flag you can set. It's called "Do not use communication number". Just tested it against my marketing campaign and it works.

However it passed through my mind that this would not apply if they were used in postal campaigns ect.. On the relationships tab there is drop down called Communication Method. If this is set to Email that should set the BP's communication method. Therefore they should not be included in any other type of communication in a campaign. You can configure communication strategies around this. Just going to test it now.

Thanks,

Phil