cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic creation of Service Arrangements in SAP CRM 2007

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

we're using SAP CRM Resource Planning with HCM integration, so get the Employee Master and requried Availability Info Types replicated from HCM via ALE.

Unfortunately, between the creation of an Employee and the Time Distribution, a Service Arrangement must be created manually. As both the HCM-side steps are executed automatically as background job, we are trying to find a way to also create Service Arrangements automatically. We do not need to maintain any data other than ID and Name for the Service Arrangement in the first place.

Can you point me to a way to do this - eventually a function module that would be available for this purpose?

Many thanks in advance!

Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

You need to do customization settings for automatic creation of Service Assignments. And for the same you need to do all these settings according to the SAP Help Document.

You can have a look at the flow of the Service Assignment from the link below

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm40/helpdata/en/c6/c14769c3fc814fbe3e5df8edcba791/frameset.htm

You need to do the customizations from the sap help document. You can have a look from this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm40/helpdata/en/c6/c14769c3fc814fbe3e5df8edcba791/frameset.htm

Technical Information : As Assignment functionality is based on WFM Core, there are some BadI's exposed. You can implement them to achieve your functionality.

Badi : CRM_SRV_SDL

Implementation Purpose

CRM_SRV_SDL_WFM R/3 connection to the WFM Core

CRM_SRV_SDL_RFC TCP/IP connection to the SAP Business Connector when using the external Scheduling Engine of a third party vendor.

In our development scenario, we have used the BadI's CRM_SRV_SDL to achieve the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Samantak.

Edited by: Samantak Chatterjee on Sep 11, 2009 9:43 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samantak

thanks very much for your reply - however I was referring to the creation of Service Arrangements for Employees, not Service Assignments.

This means: we transfer the employee record from HCM to ECC via ALE distribution, then we want the system to automatically create a Service Arrangement, so that we afterwards can transfer qualifications and availability information from HCM.

Thanks & kind regards

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I'm sorry that I provided you with Service Assignment details instead of Service Arrangement. Please have a look at the following link from SDN which will provide you with customization of Service Arrangements.

From SAP Help

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm50/helpdata/en/da/7d808043d244cf806dcf0d6e69381e/frameset.htm

This talks about the integration of mySAP ERP HCM

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm50/helpdata/en/63/7ad5a6e8b345bd9911ea521895d03e/content.htm

In the Service Assignment Scenario, you need Service Arrangement to be setup first for the Service Assignment to be created to an Employee.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Samantak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samantak

thanks again - I know all of the stated information already. The thing I'm looking for is the following:

>

> When you have the business partner in mySAP CRM, you must create a service arrangement for this employee (emphasis added). When you have created the service arrangement in mySAP CRM you can transfer the basic availability and any other relevant time allocations from mySAP ERP HCM to the WFD Server.

What I'm looking for is to automate the step highlighted above. We have around 5,000 service employees, and I do not want to create service arrangements manually for all of them. Is there any way to automate this step?

Thanks for your feedback!

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian

I am also looking into how to automatically create service arrangement however can not identify a suitable function module. Did you manage to resolve your problem? If so, are you able to share with me your findings.

Many thanks in advance,

Verity Watts