cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-open 'Completed' Service ticket based on tracking text in email...

gary_king2
Participant
0 Kudos

When sending out e-mails we embed a so called tracking number into the end of the e-mail text saying something like:

• DO NOT DELETE ***

Ticket No. [[1234567]]

• DO NOT DELETE ***

This is pretty common, I believe, and how this is achieved is documented in a number of places.

However, if a client responds to an old email containing a tracking number then the e-mail is attached to a 'Completed' service ticket, but the agent responsible will not be aware of this as it might not show in their Inbox.

An agent regularly tracks new e-mails so will pick up on this, but then has to re-open the service ticket before the agent responsible (ususally another agent) can see it and respond.

What I would like to achieve is to automatically have ERMS re-open the service ticket that the new e-mail is assigned to. In this way the agent responsible will be notified immediately and there is no manual intervention required, as such.

Has anyone done anything like this before?.

With regards

Gary King

Edited by: Gary King on Nov 17, 2009 5:03 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

We have done something very similar to this. Here is how we achieved it:

1. Create your own class using the standard Action Handling classes as a guide (you can find these in SPRO: Customer Relationship Management > E-Mail Response Management System > Service Manager > Define Service). You need to use Interface IF_CRM_ERMS_SERVICE.

You can retreive the Service Ticket number from the Fact Base as follows:

service_manager->factbase->get_by_xpath( '/parts/context/stkt/number/text()' )

You then just need to get the guid and run the following two function modules to update the status of the Service Ticket and save:

CRM_STATUS_CHANGE_EXTERN_OW

CRM_STATUS_SAVE_OW

2. In SPRO: Customer Relationship Management > E-Mail Response Management System > Service Manager > Define Services create your own custom Service with Service Type Action Handling and reference the Class you created.

3. in SPRO: Customer Relationship Management > E-Mail Response Management System > Service Manager > Define Repository under Context ERMS add a new Action and enter the Action Service ID created previously.

4. Amend your default ERMS rule policy in the Rule Modeller, and add a new rule with the new Action based on any conditions you want to use.

5. Before testing first run program CRM_ERMS_REGEN_RULES to regenerate your rule policy (you need to do this if the repository is changed)

Hope this helps,

Sam

gary_king2
Participant
0 Kudos

Sam, You're a star.

That's very helpful indeed. I did feel sure that someone would have already done this, but all the same it's nice of you to have taken the time and put in all the detail.

I should be fine with the coding side of this task but I'm still learning the function/config side, and I guess this would be a good place to get my hands dirty.

By the way, I've noticed that all guides, especially SAP's, always give clear instructions to achieve certain results but they hardly ever give the transaction names of paths to the screens-shots being displayed. Do by chance have a small list of transaction codes specifically related to ERMS, like the tcode for the Rule modeler for example.

I do have CRM config guys around to utilise but they'll offsite for a few days at the moment.

On another subject, I noticed that you've had encounters with the Data cleansing tools involving BP's, based on your own postings. We are about to use this ourselves and wondered if there were any suprises in store?.

You're also a BusinessObjects person as well, I see. This is interesting as I've been looking at what's involved in cross-training to BI/BO over the past few weeks. I have a Datawarehouse background in Oracle, so I guess that might be of some help. I've encountered BW/BI guys who could not properly design their systems if their life depended on it, so I thought why not give it a go.

My very best regards

Gary King

Edited by: Gary King on Nov 18, 2009 10:27 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

You can run the Rule Modeler by adding CRM BSP Application CRMM_ERM_RULES to your favorites. If you are using a version later than 5.0 though the best way to access is by using the IC_MANAGER business role, its under process modelling. The E-Mail Workbench is also very useful here for seeing the Fact Base / Rules executed / Log.

I have been working on some data cleansing demo's in our Dev system but it isnt in our live system yet, I suggest you read the blog and watch the video created by Arno Mayer as these are very useful.

I havent actually used BusinessObjects so I am not sure about that

Kind Regards,

Sam

gary_king2
Participant
0 Kudos

Sam,

Strangely enough we do not actually have the CRMM_ERM_RULES BSP Application in our 5.0 system, which is a little worrying.

I'll send our CRM Functional guys an e-mail I think as I'm sure they must have used it and therefore can identify their entry point.

Best regards

Gary

Answers (0)