Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API to set Product Attributes

former_member188321
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,  

The product have sets containing custom attributes. I use cl_crm_isu_extension=>set_field_values to set the attribute value, but this do not seems to work for me (as it takes Item GUID and not product GUID).

Please suggest what is the  correct API/ approach to set custom attribute's value for a product. Thanks!

Daman

View Entire Topic
former_member188321
Contributor
0 Kudos

Not required anymore...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to know if You managed to resolve the issue, and if so, could You please tell me how?

I have been looking for API to maintain set types' attributes for some time now and only thing I found is set of FMs "ZOM_[set_type_name]_*", which I can use to read the attribute value but my requirement is to set this value (in BAdI).

I was able to change the value of attribute only when it had some value before change (by calling ZOM_[set_type_name]_MAINT_UPD, than ZOM_[set_type_name]_SAVE_LOCL and than ZOM_[set_type_name]_SAVE) but it does not work in the situation when attribute is initial primarily (i.e. no record exists in COM_PR_FRG_REL table).

Is there any other API (maybe some class?) that could handle such functionality?

former_member188321
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

my req. is to copy the product attributes from one prod. to another product at line item level only, but not to change product master data. for this, API   cl_crm_isu_extension=>set_field_values is fine.

You can also get all attrbutes of prod. using CL_CRM_ISU_EXTENSION=>GET_AVAILABLE_FIELDS, exp. parameter: ET_EXTENSION_FIELDS.

If you need to change the product master data itself, then try with FM COM_PROD_MATERIAL_MAINTAIN_API.