Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Category Translation

former_member222458
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I maintained an alert category in transaction ALRTCATDEF and need to translate the Short and Long Text.

Does anyone know a way to achieve this? I couldn't find any documentation.

I would really appreciate your help. Hope somedbody can help.

Thank you,

Anton

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jeroen_verbrugge2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The texts on the tab long and short text are stored as standard texts (transaction SO10).

Text Name :

A concatenation of <alertcategoryname>+S/L/T.

Ex. for category TEST :

TESTS    TESTL    TESTT

You can find these names in table SALRTCATT.

Text ID :

ALRT.

You can create the texts for any language from the SO10 transaction or write a small program with function module SAVE_TEXT.

The description of the category itself is the field DESCR of table SALRTCATT with spras as language key. You could write a small program to upload this table

Don't forget to add manually the standard texts and updates SALRTCATT to in a transport!

If you maintain a category with texts for test from transaction ALRTCATDEF, check the transport to see how it is recorded.

Rgds,

Jeroen.

former_member222458
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jeroen,

Thank you very much!

It is working!

Best Regards,

Anton

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you tried to log in in a different language and maintain the value.

Best regards,

Thomas Wagner

former_member222458
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

Thank you for the hint! It is working, but do also know a convienient way to translate the text? I have quite a lot of different languages and would like to present the translation guys a faster way to do the translation.

Thank you very much.

Anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anton,

Sorry, I don't know the transaction in detail. I just checked it yesterday in our demo system and I didn't find any translation option in the menu bar or somewhere else.

Best regards,

Thomas Wagner