cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin user cannot create product and category in product cockpit

johncbpatigayon
Explorer
0 Kudos

In hybris 6.5 and 6.6 product cockpit, admin user cannot create product in product perspective and cannot create category in catalog perspective. Error message is 'User doesn't have write permission to selected catalog version.'

Replication Steps:
1. Create user and assign to admingroup
2. Login user to productcockpit
3. Try to create product in product perspective
4. Try to create category in catalog perspective

Result: Cannot proceed creating product and category.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member762946
Discoverer
0 Kudos

, HMC/Backoffice -> Go to particular catalog -> Permission -> Check if your user have the write permissions or no. If not give it the read and writer permissions.

former_member620692
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to assign backofficeproductmanagergroup to the user for backoffice productcockpit and productmanagergroup for old productcockpit.

johncbpatigayon
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for the information Arvind. We are actually upgrading from 5.7 to 6.6. We do not have issue with the productmanagergroup. The problem is existing admin users cannot create category and product in productcockpit. Do you have any advise to fix the issue?

former_member620692
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please assign the productmanagergroup additionally to these users belonging to admingroup -OR- add the user group, admingroup to the user group, productmanagergroup.

former_member620692
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi @John - did it help to solve the problem?

geffchang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The user is OOTB "admin". Shouldn't "admin" be able to create Products / Categories, even if it doesn't have productmanagergroup? Do you think this is a Hybris bug?

former_member620692
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi - John has mentioned about users belonging to admingroup and I am yet to verify if there is any difference in the behaviour of admin and users belonging to admingroup. I saw an interesting answer from but due to lack of time, I haven't been able to verify it.

One thing I would like to mention here is that it is not a bug; rather, this is how usergroup has been modelled. Please check the following statement at https://wiki.hybris.com/display/tr4/Trail+~+Webservices#Trail~Webservices-ModifytheRESTfulaccessrigh...

Add the user group AdminGroup to the user group webservicegroup