cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new assignment blocks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to add about 10 new assignment blocks to the online Fact Sheet for an Account. I'm 100% sure of the process to go through to do this and wondering if there were any links to guides to do this.

Once I have an assignement block created how do I control whether the fields appear freely in the assignment block or within a table?. It's these questions that are causing frustration. I already have a question about how I create new fields to be added to an assignment block, but there's been no answer so far.

Also, if I'm adding new assignment blocks and fields to Online Fact sheet, how does this differ to what we see by just viewing the Account information?. I know that the Online Fact sheet is a kind of view/screen consisting of assignment blocks, as is the screen you see when you enter the Account screen.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Jason

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

I did not know that on pdf fact sheet you can do this (has not worked with it yet) but it is good to know for future references

You would create a custom component with an interface view and have there the views you want or enhance a standard one and add your inbound plug that you will be used in defining the view assignment (it won't be in the list of available plugs, but if you type it in it will work).

In this inbound plug you retrieve the data that you want from the ERP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm a bit confused now because I thought that the online factsheet was controlled using component BP_FACTSHEET. Here I can see 23 viewsets (if that's the right word). However, looking at the online factsheet I can see 33 assignment blocks as such, and hence my confusion.

I have also looked at component BSP_DLC_FS, which also looks like it is somehow related to online fact sheet.

I'm confused.

Does anyone know if there is a guide anywhere to adding further blocks of data to the online fact sheet?.

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm 100% sure of the process

I suppose you meant

I'm not 100% sure

I suppose you are familiar on how to create new fact sheets in spro ('Maintain Fact Sheet').

You would copy a standard one and you will want to modify the view assignments (adding new views) and perhaps the layout too.

For the new views you would need the component, interface view and inbound plug.

Then for the component BSP_DLC_FS, view BSP_DLC_FS/factsheet and your own configuration key you would add the views to the layout.

I do not know of any guides, perhaps there are and in case you find any post the links here. Just play around, experiment.

how do I control whether the fields appear freely in the assignment block or within a table?

What do you mean by this ? It depends on how the view is defined, it could be a table view or a view with fields (if I understand correctly your question) .

Mihai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mihai,

That's great, you've answered my question in that you can define whether the view is a table view or free-form fields view.

I should not need to create a new fact sheet as I'm merely adding new assignment blocks to the existing online Fact sheet. It looks like I can just copy and amend views with the BSP workbench, as you've mentioned.

I do however have a technical issue. I have added 11 new assignment blocks (if I can call them that) for the PDF fact sheet, and that's working just fine. However, in this case I had a single remote function call to retrieve back tables from ERP for each of the assignment blocks for the PDF, all carried out in the method which calls the Smartform for the PDF.

Okay, so that was easy, but I also have to create 11 assignment blocks in the Online fact sheet. I now know how to create the assignment blocks, and I need to find out how to create the tables,fields to go in these assignment blocks (any help would be appreciated), but also have to populate the each of the 11 assignment blocks with data from ERP. Now ideally I would have liked to have retrieved all the data in one go and then populate (somehow) the data in each of the assignment blocks, if that makes sense. I guess usually each assignment block/view contains code to populate its own data, so I'll need to change the data retrieval approach, maybe.

Jason

Arno-Meyer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sorry, wrong answer ...

I've just deleted the text.

Sorry agian

Arno

Edited by: Arno Meyer on May 18, 2010 1:31 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos