cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding custom time field in service order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Our customer wants us to add product date and time. I use transaction EEWB to add this date and time filed. In EEWB field types are only BOOL,CHAR,DATS and NUMC. I can add my date by selecting DATS. But how can I create my time field that after cerating I will see it in the table cRMD_ORDERADM_H with data type TIMS??

Do I have to use defined date profile entries to take my time value??? Can't we use custom time field in service??? if yes how??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

sanju.aim,

I am using CRMD_ORDERADM_H custom fields in my coding now. If I delete the extension and create it again, will my fileds have the same name?? Example I have fields named ZZORDERADM_H0101.......to.....ZZORDERADM_H0135.

If I delete it and create again do it give the same names or will it begin from ZZORDERADM_H0136 to somewhere ???

It is important because I have to change all my codings then.....

former_member222984
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we delete and create new extension the name will be appended with next enhancement number. In your case the name would be ZZORDERADM_H0201 to ZZORDERADM_H0235. Name upto ZZORDERADM_H01 is system generated where 01 is first enhancement. I guess this is the first time EEWB has been used in your CRM system.

Let me know one thing. Do you see the new fields in order when you generated the extension.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanju.aim & Gabriel

thanks for your reply.

Sanju.aim,

yesss I want it, I can't see this extension in EEWB. I saw it and as for a test I start wizard again and I select a data element /SAPAPO/PFCS_TIMESTART defined as TIMS but for my previously defined field as DATE. Do you understand?? I have already a field with type DATE in my EEWB. And I change it with this data element to convert to TIMS from + button. But now EEWB conversion gives an error, so I want to go back to my correct previous version but it gives error. When I look to the logs from SLG1, it says that "Table is still in conversion; activation is not possible"

It cause a serious problem, what should I do now???????

former_member222984
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you are getting error because you are trying to change the same field again using same wizard while customer table is under conversion. I would suggest you to first delete the extension and create fresh extension for your testing purpose (You do not have to delete the project you can still use same project). Before creating fresh extension check if fields are gone from the customer table (CRMD_CUSTOMER_H/I). If fields are not gone than adjust the table using TCODE SE14.

Let me know if you still get error while using time field. I will try to help further.

NOTE: DO NOT CREATE SO MANY EEWB PROJECTS FOR TESTING AS THERE IS LIMITATION OF EEWB THAT WE CAN NOT ENHANCE BUSINESS OBJECTS MORE THAN 10 TIMES. EVEN TEST PROJECTS ARE COUNTED THOUGH YOU DELETE IT.

former_member222984
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to use custom data type for your EEWB field. You can create DATA ELEMENT with respective type and assign same to field in EEWB wizard. There is a small + icon down below when you click it you can find option to assin data element to field.

Not sure if you were looking for this.

Regards,

Sanjay

former_member562530
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can make date fields available at item nivel without create custom fields.

All you have to do is create a date profile and assign it to your item category.

To create a date profile:

transaction SPRO->Customer Relationship Management->Basic Functions->Date Management->Define Date Profile

To assign to an item category:

transaction SPRO->Customer Relationship Management->Transactions->Basic Settings->Define Item Categories

I hope it helps!

Kind Regards,

Gabriel Santana