cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add single contact to multiple accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Hope this is an easy question. We have a client contact that should be a part of multiple accounts, how do we create that scenario?

If the client contact was supposed to be a part of 10 different accounts we would not want to create that contact 10 times, each in its own account - to me, that would be creating 10 individual contacts with the same name/email address.

Any insight would be appreciated, thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jreichel2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sandico,

it's easily possible to assign one Contact to several accounts. You just have to add the contact to each account. Go to another Account -> Contacts facet -> choose ADD (click on the 3 dots / gear next to "NEW") then you can choose the same contact again.

The only problem that remains, in the contact itself you will see only the first account, where you assigned this contact.

This can be solved by creating a little report, based on a query that fetches all accounts that have the currently selected contact assigned to it.

Embed this report into the contact overview facet and you will be able to see all.

Hope this helps!

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies.

Jan,

Thanks for this, I think this would help us as it allows a single instance of a contact to be created and allow it to be associated to multiple accounts.

When you mention about creating the report to see all the accounts that the specific client contact is a member of, any idea which data sources I need to write the report (apologies, I've never created a new report in C4C but I will definitely try)?

Thanks again.

jreichel2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sandico,

could you please connect with me (follow) so that I can send you direct message with my e-mail.

Jan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To my knowledge SAP C4C architecture doesnot support 1:n mapping of contacts with Accounts.

You can see that in contact object. You donot have option to ad multiple accounts.

Even if you bring cusom object here you have to do complete impact analysis of adding this as you are working against the standard behavior in master data.

This is only my personal view..you can validate with SAP if your organization or client has SAP contact.

Thanks,

Senthil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandico,

Create 1 custom BO with name ClientContactDetails, Here define (Root level) what are the elements require to create contact in the account master.

And Define Item node in Custom BO and define 2 elements.

1.Item ID,

2.AccountID

Now, suppose if you are creating New ClientContactDetails instance, that time itself add the required AccountID's.

In the Item-BeforeSave script get the Account details by using AccountID, and create contact instance (By using Root level elemets) for that Account's.

Regards,

Shiva G